Helpful
Replies

Transcoding issue on CME/CUE

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Topology is as follows

CCM 4.1(3) ----- H.323 Trunk ---- CME/CUE

Setup to go g.729 of the trunk and then transcode to g.711 to go to CUE. Calls into CME work find but when forwarding to CUE we get a fast busy. If we configure it to go g.711 all the way the call works fine. The transcoder is configured on the CME but it does not seem to be working. Attached is the config. Any help would be appreciated.

Please rate if this helps.
18 Replies 18

Von,

I've had a similiar issue on this in two different scenarios. One was resolved by explicitly setting a default inbound dial-peer. The second was what I believe a bug on router when a voice-class codec was set. I noticed you had a a voice-class codec in your configuration but it wasn't set on anything. With that being said try applying a new default dial-peer for the voip leg and leave the default of G729r8.

dial-peer voice 2 voip

incoming-called number .

voice-class h323 3

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Also make sure your SIP dial-peers to CUE only have codec g711ulaw, which it looked like they did.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

I have questions for u about the bug for voice-class codec.

I have lab set up for gatekeeper trunking between CCM and CME. First trunk is using G.711 and second trunk is using G.729, both configure at CCM then put at route group, route list and route pattern.

If I use:

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

G711 call is fine.. go to CUE is fine, MWI is fine.

But if i use Trunk 729, call is fine.. busy go to CUE.

If I take out the voice-class codec at dial-peer at CME, then put codec g729r8. Then the call will go to CUE and MWI is good. show sccp connection, it transcode from 729 to 711.

It is so weird...

Do you know why?? Sorry for the long story.

Ken

Ken,

That is exactly what I've experienced in the past. Unfortunately I didn't do much research on it so I can't give you a bug id or anything. I wound up just recommending to the customer not to use the voice class codec in that configuration and that was acceptable for them. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on the reasoning around it but at least you know your not crazy and other people have experienced it.

Fred

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I see your configure.. you are using H.323 trunk non-gatekeeper controlled, right??

under the dial-peer that point to callmanager

put command:

codce g729r8

do not put voice-class codec 1

One more.. I dont see you have dial-peer for MWI, it will cause the MWI wont lit up when you use G.729.

dial−peer voice xxx voip

incoming called−number 865[8,9]....

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Try it...hope it helps

Ken

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks for your suggestions. However, I have put in a default dial-peer as suggested and verified that the call is indeed using that dial-peer. I am still getting a fast busy when going to VM. Any other suggestions. Attached is the current config.

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Can anyone else give me some help with this?

Thanks

Hey VON,

I looked your configuration again...

There is misconfigure for transcoder.

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface GigabitEthernet0/1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 1 register mydsp1

Can you change mydsp1 to mtpxxxxxxxxxxxx (mac address of GigabitEthernet0/1)??

register device-name?User-specified device name in Cisco CME. The device-name must use the format of mtpmac-address, where the mac-address is the burnt-in address (bia) of the physical interface that is used to register as the SCCP device.

Please see the cisco doc below:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33trn.htm#wp2242533

Also, change under:

telephony-service

sdspfarm tag 1 mtpxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope it help, let me know.

Ken

Von,

Have you fixed your problem??

Ken

No, I haven't been able to put in your recommendation. Although I seem to remember trying to do that before and it wouldn't let me. But I'll try to put it in tomorrow.

Thanks

Von

V---

I think all voip dial-peers going to CUE need

dtmf-relay sip-notify? I don't see that in your config?

dial-peer voice 8620 voip

destination-pattern 8620

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.66.2

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue. I have put the dtmf-relay sip-notify in the dial-peer and it doesnt help. Still getting a busy tone when the incoming dial-peer uses voice-class code command.

Any one has any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Dennis

Hi Ken,

I have having exactly the same issue as Von and I have configured the transcoder to be in the format of mtpxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Any other suggestion you might have?

Thanks.

Dennis

there is bug in CME / CUE that when a call forward to CUE from CME the call gets forwarded with the e.164 number...It says on early ver of CME I just ran into it with cue 2.3.2 and CME 3.4.....do a debug dial-peer and see what CME is sending...you can create another appliaction for VM in CUE with the 10 digit extension it will work...I think

I have done the debug dialpeer and it matchs the CUE dialpeer correctly. It seems like the problem is with the codec/transcoding.

Whenever a call is sent using G.729 the call gets engaged tone once it hits the CUE, but when the call is G.711 it works fine without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: