cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer between FXS

Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have VIC2-2FXS module inserted in 2801 router what i wanna do is when i receive external call on specified extension in FXS port to be able to transfer it to another FXS port. What should i configure on router?

Thnx in advance

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do you use CCME / H.323 / MGCP ? Transfer with analog ports requires a script called H.450, it is not very very easy to make it work.

I haven't configure anything except FXO port to PSTN and FXS cards and i have configured dial-peer's for both of them and nothing else.

OK, the documention (a bit scarce) is at;

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080a76.html#wp1281922

then you need access to CCO with download privileges to download the script itself. As I said, all in all, not an easy task.

What is your objective? If you are building building a small PBX you should get the IP phones, then with the same router you can use the CME feature that supports transfers, Auto-attendant, and much much more.

In small branch we have 4 phones connected via FXS interface, they realized their phones through VoIP. Now they need a phone line from telco so i am testing some features. I have installed number in FXO and now i am trying to transfer calls between extensions this is that i want to achieve.

it's doable, but a bit complicated.

Do you have a CM or CME somewhere? In that case you can enable the FXS extensions to be SCCP endpoints, this way a whole lot more features will be available to the phones. See:

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6706/products_feature_guide09186a00806cab75.html

If you want to use just plain voice support, the only way is the H.450 script mentioned above, it is kept in the "CCME individual files" for customer with download access on CCO.

I don't have any CM or CME in network neither CCO account with download access. Everything that i can do is searching the internet for configuration examples or something like that.

See if the builtin session script does for you. The configuration link I've indicated before.

My recommendation would be however that you configure CME on the 2801 with SCCP local endpoints. That will serve both FXS and IP phones. If it is your first IPT design, may take a little to master, but the result is real nice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: