Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer issues

scottwclarke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi thanks for reading,

I am having a problem. The client requested a one touch directory, to enable this I have created a speeddial.xml and mapped it to the services key after logging on presto one touch directory as a list. However if a user tries to ttransfer a call they get line busy on the screen and the call is disconnected. Normal transfers ie dialing the extension or using a speed dial condfigured on the ephone on a line button are working.

I guess the xml speed dial list is trying to use the same line as the current call. Can anyone think of a way round this?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

This problem is observed because the line runs out of virtual lines. A line can have only two virtual lines active at the same time. When a call is on hold or parked, another line is required to transfer or park subsequent calls. Since the line is occupied by the first call, the transfer and park options will not show up.

To avoid this situation, have another internal normal Dialed Number (DN) assigned to one of the lines of the agent's IP phone. Have the agent perform the following steps:

Press Transfer.

Enter the number of your internal line, not the ICD line.

Press Transfer again before it connects.

Answer the ringing line. Press the Line button or answer.

Press Park.