Helpful
Replies

Transfer: need to talk before transfer is completed

Marc El Achkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have a 2911 CME router,

i have an issue while trying to transfer an external call from the operator 7962/15 to a 7945, when i press the press the transfer button and dial the number, the call is being transfered directly without having the chance to talk to the 'transfered to' extension before making the transfer, knowing that we dont close the line from the operator.

Any idea how to change it so we can talk to the user we want to transfer the lines to, before the transfers go through.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Marc,

You need to use the Consult button in the phone, so that the operator can consult to the next person before transferring the call. Make sure you have minimum of  dual lines configured on the operator phone as the consult operation will make a new call leg and put the initial caller on hold when the consult is going on.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Marc,

You need to use the Consult button in the phone, so that the operator can consult to the next person before transferring the call. Make sure you have minimum of  dual lines configured on the operator phone as the consult operation will make a new call leg and put the initial caller on hold when the consult is going on.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: