cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to voicemail when you dial DID

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Why, when I call a DID number does it not go to the relevant voicemail on no answer?

This happens when I configure the DID number as a secondary number for an extension, and when I configure a dialplan-pattern, eg:

dialplan-pattern 1 44751. extension-length 3 extension-pattern 20.

6 Replies 6

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What voicemail is it? CUE? I'm guessing you are using CME, what version of IOS?

Regards, Avner.

Right I can see whats happening. When I have my dialplan-pattern on, my extension number isnt being presented to CUE properly. When I take it off, it works fine.

My set up is like thus:

my extension is 512 for example. My ddi number is 02920117512

My voicemail is 600

I have:

dialplan-pattern 1 117... extension-length 3 extension-pattern ...

Hmm. So my dialplan is stopping my extension number getting to CUE. Any ideas?

Hi,

It is a well known behavior of the dialplan-pattern, as documented in cisco bug CSCee57422.

Use voice translation rules instead of the dialplan-pattern and you should be fine.

HTH, Avner.

Well i've implimented the following to make that work:

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^.*\(...\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile profile1

translate calling 3

dial-peer voice 2000 voip (CUE dial peer)

translation-profile outgoing profile1

And I can have DDI's and call my voicemail from my extension. However, now my ability to leave internal - internal voicemail has gone!!

Hi,

I'd recommend going to the path where you use the translation inbound and outbound of the pstn and not undo the dialplan-pattern towards the cue.

Create a voice translation rule which is applied to the voice-port or the pots dial-peer.

Let me know, Avner.

Would anyone have an example of how to accomplish this? I believe I'm running into this same issue today.

When I have the following in my config my incoming DID's work but forwarding to CUE fails:

telephony-service

dialplan-pattern 1 7815775... extension-length 3 extension-pattern ...

When I remove this dialplan-pattern my incomming DID's fail but internal forwarding to CUE works just fine.

Attached is the rest of my relevent config:

Thanks!

- Nate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: