cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering outside Telephone line to another user in domain?

gorskij01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user  (User A)  who needs to transfer an outline on her phone to another users (User B) phone.  On the  User B phone I changed the outside line in the AAR Destination Mask and in the external Phone Number Mask in Call Manager Administration.  Also did the same on User A's phone.  That did not work.  Outside line still rang on User A's extension and not on User B.  Went to the switch and switched the ports as well, still the outside line still rang on User A's extension and not on User B's extension.

The users information in Unity call manager administration was also changed to reflect the changes.  The issue did not change.  Is there someplace else that needs to have the outside telephone line changed besides where I have changed it already?

The version of Cisco Unified Call Manger Administration is 7.1.5.32900.2

The phones in question are 7940's

Any information anyone can provide will be extremely helpful!

Thanks

John Gorski

Milton School District

Milton Wisconsin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just build a translation pattern then to change the called number to your desired destination.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These fields have nothing to do with transfers, AAR is for automatic rerouting on out of bandwidth and external phone number mask controls what you see as caller ID on outbound calls and the display on the phone upper right corner. For transfers you need to use call forward all destination.

Chris

Thanks for your reply Chris, the is just the issue they wanted to get away from.  They do not want to have to use call forwarding.  They just want to have the outside line ring on Users B extension.I can get it to ring on User B's extension by adding User A's extension to line 2.  But User B wants the outside line to ring on her extension and not on Users A extension!  I showed User B that all she has to do is press the line two button to answer the outside line, but User B does not want to do that and both User A and B have said it rang that way in the past.  All that was done was an upgrade to the switches. No other settings were changed. So I don't know exactly how it did work in the past.  I hope I am stating this clearly enough!

Just build a translation pattern then to change the called number to your desired destination.

Chris

Thank you Chris...that was the solution.  I appreciate it very much!!!!    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: