cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring calls / groups what am i doing wrong?

thedevastator
Level 1
Level 1

howdy everyone

yet another problem with my cme setup , well its acutally a feature i hope someone can point me to the right direction

(quick specs )

2821 Router 1GB mem ,128mb flash , 2GB usb 24FXO slot , and a sip trunk from vodafone with 100 numbers

i have 20+ SCCP phones and 10 faxes

i can dial out using any phone , and can dial in from my test setup

im configuring departments , like sales , purchase , accounting

basicly when someone calls the main number the telehpone has to ring on the sales department , if no one answers the purchase dept has to pickup the incomming call , if they do not answer get back to the sales group again ..

so if someone dials the main line ,all the sales phones except the manager has to ring , if no answer , the purchase phones have to ring

ephone-dn  1

number 101 secondary 0262610290 ( THIS IS A TEST NUMBER)

pickup-group 1

name PURCHASE1

preference 0 secondary 1

hold-alert 30 originator

!

!

ephone-dn  13

number 122 secondary 0869100122

pickup-group 5

name SALES1

hold-alert 30 originator

!

both groups need to able to answer the lines from one another

secondy if i call the main line and try to foward it to the sales , main line = 100 , 101 picks up purchase1, presses button transfer dials 104 purchase3

the display of purchase3 phone will read another phone instead of 101 

anyone has an idea ?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vincent.

Under ephone-dn add pickup-call any-group so that users can press GPickUp Softkey followed by * to pickup a call from any other pickup groups.

Please refer to the following doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1182075

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Hi Vincent,

the phone 1 ( 101 ) answers , asks the customer whom it might need , presses transfer button , dials 104

104 answers call from (102) which should be 101 - Your ephone-dn is not set up as dual-line.

Set up like this it will work fine.

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Check by adding this

Router(config)#telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# transfer-pattern .T

If that doesnt work send accross debug ccsip mess and debug voice ccapi inout.

Thanks

Manish

7 Replies 7

Hi Vincent.

Under ephone-dn add pickup-call any-group so that users can press GPickUp Softkey followed by * to pickup a call from any other pickup groups.

Please refer to the following doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1182075

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi carlo ,

once again thanks for your quick reply .. so in essence i have to fill the ephone-dn's with "pickup-call any-group"

when i do that , any ephone-dn can pickup any group ? Example , LOGISTICS can take over a call from group SALES ?

i need to test that will get back to you on that tommorow when i have tested that

got an idea i can transfer calls ? example :

- a customer dials 111111100

the phone 1 ( 101 ) answers , asks the customer whom it might need , presses transfer button , dials 104

104 answers call from (102) which should be 101

Hi Vincent,

104 answers call from (102) which should be 101 - Your ephone-dn is not set up as dual-line.

Set up like this it will work fine.

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

indeed

only i now face one problem , when i receive a call and want to transfer that to an external phone number EG more as 4 digits it doesnt work ..?

Hi,

Make sure that you have the dail-peers to reach the 4 digit numbers.

Thanks

hi , mohammed

the dailpeers i think are functioning fine , however maybe ill clarify

101 gets a call , 101 needs to consult a co-worker and dials 128 , 128 picks up the phone but has to verify with another office using an external number using a short list and dials #190, when 128 tries to dial , but gets unknown number

Check by adding this

Router(config)#telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# transfer-pattern .T

If that doesnt work send accross debug ccsip mess and debug voice ccapi inout.

Thanks

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: