Helpful
Replies

Transform PSTN external calls to internal CUCM directory number

ing_ivandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello engineers!

First of all, thank you for your help.

I am not very familiarized with VoIP implementations or configurations, so I would like to know how can I transform or redirect an incoming call from a number of the PSTN to an internal directory number automatically. I mean, like a direct number.

I have an old CUCM, version 4.3.

Best regards!

Iván.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use Translation Pattern in CallManager.

Chris

View solution in original post

Please elaborate on exactly what you are attempting to do with actual numbers, i.e. when DID 312-555-1234 is called I want it to go to extension 3000, etc.  Also, we will need to know how many digits are received from the carrier, one way to tell is to look at the GW configuration in CallManager and notice the significantDigits field, if it is anything other than "All" then that gives us what we need, if it is All, then we would need to get debug from voice gateway. What type of PSTN trunk are you using (SIP, PRI, FXO)?

Chris

Assuming the current translation is taking place in CUCM go to Call Routing menu --> Dial Plan report and search for number ending with 0070, or 927, etc (something that matches the actual DIDs), and see if it is there, let us know how it is defined (what device type).  If it is not there it could be either translated on the voice gateway in which case we will need "sh run" from your GW, or the call arrives on POTS lines and is PLARed to the desired destination, again voice GW configuration will show us that or at least point us to the next step if this is MGCP GW.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use Translation Pattern in CallManager.

Chris

Hello Chris

I am reviewing the Translation Pattern menu but I am not sure which option indicates that the translation being from outside to inside, I mean from the PSTN to a specific directory number. Do you know which is the procedure for doing this?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards

Please elaborate on exactly what you are attempting to do with actual numbers, i.e. when DID 312-555-1234 is called I want it to go to extension 3000, etc.  Also, we will need to know how many digits are received from the carrier, one way to tell is to look at the GW configuration in CallManager and notice the significantDigits field, if it is anything other than "All" then that gives us what we need, if it is All, then we would need to get debug from voice gateway. What type of PSTN trunk are you using (SIP, PRI, FXO)?

Chris

No problem Chris, I describe you the exact scenario:

When DIDs 51-18-00-70 and 01 800 01 56 927 are called from the PSTN I want it to go to extension 1805, because this DIDs are our customer service numbers, and right now they are been redirected to a wrong extension (1504).

Also I am checking the Significant Digits field but the "All" option is selected.

I don´t have the exact type of the trunk right now, but if it is needed I will get it.

I am reading about this and I have found the "num-exp" command, it could be helpful?

Thank you again!

Assuming the current translation is taking place in CUCM go to Call Routing menu --> Dial Plan report and search for number ending with 0070, or 927, etc (something that matches the actual DIDs), and see if it is there, let us know how it is defined (what device type).  If it is not there it could be either translated on the voice gateway in which case we will need "sh run" from your GW, or the call arrives on POTS lines and is PLARed to the desired destination, again voice GW configuration will show us that or at least point us to the next step if this is MGCP GW.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Ok Chris I'll post the GW configuration and sorry, going to rate too xD.

Thank you!

Hi Chris

I want you to know that I have solved the problem, effectively we have the translation in the voice GW. I have changed the next parameters:

no num-exp 0070 1504

num-exp 0070 1805

Thanks for the support.

Best regards!

Excellent, thank you for nice rating.

Chris

Hi

I have implemented SIP Trunk via firewall and my outgoing calls are ok, but  the inbound call does not establish. I used translation pattern but it did not work. Is there any other solution?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: