cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transformation patterns CUCM 6

s.schiassi
Level 1
Level 1

What are transformation pattern used for? Any example?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

I havent used them yet.. but from what I could see they can be used to modify your CLI.

i.e. say you have a bunch of phones you dont want to present CLI for.

Used to be quite difficult to do in previous versions..

Cheers,

Tim

I tried to use them but I couldn't figure out how they work. All I found is a description on the admin guide:

"The parameters in the Transformation Patterns window are used to provide appropriate caller information using the Calling Party Transformation calling search space on the destination device. Calls through transformation patterns are not routable. When this pattern is matched, the call does not route to any device."

How can I use them to restrict a CLI?

OK, for clarification on this please go to:

Special Considerations for Cisco Unified Mobility

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/dialplan.html#wp1054153

Look for this:

Remote Destination Profile's Calling Party Transformation CSS and Transformation Patterns

If you're not using device mobility it's not surprising they're not working as you thought

Also:

CLI = Command Line Interface

CLID = Calling Line ID

I got confused while reading this for the 1st time by the use of the CLI term on the threads, what you mean is CLID. CUCM 5/6 HAVE CLI and it's the one you access thru SSH

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

My CCO account cannot access this link, can you maybe sent one available for customers?

Our setup is SIP trunk between UCM 7.0(1) and Microsoft Mediation Server 2007. OCS clients are configured with RDP on UCM side. PSTN calls initiated from OCS client come with caller ID of IP Phone this RDP is associated with. I believe Calling Party Transformation CSS under RDP setup is exactly what will take care of it, but I cannot make it work and the CLID on PSTN phone still shows just 4 digits internal extension....

Thanks!

David

Just remove partner/ from the url and you should be able to access

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: