cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translating DID on 2811

Robert Phillips
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a corporate office setup with CCM 4.2 at a central location. The office uses 4 digit dialing between 2800 and 2899 where the extention matches the last 4 digits of the phone number. The telco sends the last four digits to my corporate 2811. If the Telco send 2837 to this router it should rings ext 2837 which it currently does.

I will be adding an additional location where the DID's will be 7520-7540, but in addition that location will also have another single number that ends in 2837. This is going to conflict with the 2837 that is based at my corporate location. What I would like to do is have the 2811 that is connected to the PSTN at the remote office translate the 2837 that the telco sends to this router to something like 7519. Since 7519 is not in my DID range I will use it as a internal extention. This way all my numbers at the remote location will have a 75xx extention.

So what I am hoping is for the remote 2811 to sent 7519 to callmanagers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the call is going to arrive on a different GW you can do the translation on CallManager or the GW. If you choose to do it on the CCM, then the CSS applied to the GW would have access to parition that lists the translation pattern first, which translates 2837 to 7519. If you prefer to do it on the GW then you have couple of options:

1. Use num-exp, such as "num-exp 2837 7519"

2. create translation rule, such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /2837/ /7519/

voice translation profile 1

translate called 1

then apply this rule to the voice-port of your PRI.

Either one of these will work.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can do that. Search on CCO for configuring voice translation rules.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the call is going to arrive on a different GW you can do the translation on CallManager or the GW. If you choose to do it on the CCM, then the CSS applied to the GW would have access to parition that lists the translation pattern first, which translates 2837 to 7519. If you prefer to do it on the GW then you have couple of options:

1. Use num-exp, such as "num-exp 2837 7519"

2. create translation rule, such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /2837/ /7519/

voice translation profile 1

translate called 1

then apply this rule to the voice-port of your PRI.

Either one of these will work.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: