cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translation for a 7777 extension

bbtekgraf
Level 1
Level 1

i've setup a help desk ext (7777) for internal users to ring to a hunt group. if i want external users to dial in

say 1-xxx-555-7777, is this possible to setup a translation? each way i've tried gets “the number you have reached is not in service.”

thank you for any assistance.

brett

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes it does.

Create a translation pattern with a "translation pattern" of 0577 and a "called party transform mask" of 7777. Put it in the partition that your IP phones are in and give it a calling search space that can hit the partition your hunt pilot is in.

Bobs your fathers brother :)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Brett,

Not sure you need a translation, or im not understanding you correctly, the way i'd do this is:

Assign hunt pilot number 7777

put however many users into hunt list tied to that hunt pilot

After that, as long as your DDI range for your carrier provided circuits includes the 7777 number it should work ok.

Do a "debug isdn q931" on the gateway and dial the number. You should see the incoming call. As long as 7777 then exists within a partition that your gateways calling seach space can reach, it should work.

carl,

thank you for the reply.

my apologies if i was not very clear.

basically what we are doing is setting up a help desk extension, and wanted to use an extension that is easy to remember.

internally, i've already setup the hunt pilot (7777) and that rings to the helpdesk no problems.

the list of ANI's provided from our carrier are as follows:

555-0501

555-0502

… all the way up to 555-0600.

so for my remote users, i thought about using the number 1-xxx-555-0577 and then forward to the help desk hunt pilot (7777) ??

hope this helps explain a little better.

ciao

Yes it does.

Create a translation pattern with a "translation pattern" of 0577 and a "called party transform mask" of 7777. Put it in the partition that your IP phones are in and give it a calling search space that can hit the partition your hunt pilot is in.

Bobs your fathers brother :)

works great. thank you again for your time.

cheers!