Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern CUCM 9.1

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have 1 DR site and I have configured to access them from HO by pressing 8 access code  and the 4 digit extension, everything is working fine. I have a problem for corporate directories which on phone displays users full number 12345678 when a user presses dial first 4 digit shld be discarded and it shld prefix 8 and the call shld reached to 5678 for HO users. The reverse applies to DR users but with prefix 7

how I can achieve this.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is separate call manager/cluster is there at DR site ?, if yes, which CM it is ?

By the way from CUCM side you can configure a translation pattern (1234.XXXX) and discard the pre dot digits and add 8 as a prefix.

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

Same cluster of HO with subscriber it is distributed call routing.

I thought about this but what if the DR user itself want to dial on Net calls (within DR) then the translation pattern you have suggest will not work becz prefix 8 is appended.

Thanks

Can you clarify your setup.

Im not sure if you have 2 clusters? or just a pub and sub?

Dear Clark,

If you have different extension series at HO & DR sites, then you can do. Otherwise it will be very complicated because then you need to create lot of TPs with different partitions.

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

in HO series 12345678, with 3 digit extension internal

In DR series 56781234 with 3 digit extension internal.

Now please elaborate your reply

Thanks

Dear Clark,

In this case you need to create two translation patterns for each site (HO & DR) and two new partitions.

For HO:

Create 1st translation as below, this TP will take calls from HO to DR.

5678.1xxx, Remove predot & add prefix as 8 and assign a new partition(e.g. PT_HO) to it and this partition should be assigned to a CSS which is assigned to HO' phones.

Create 2nd TP as below and this will keep calls route to local phones of HO from HO phones.

1234.5xxx, Remove predot and assign a new partition (e.g. PT_HO) to it and this partition should be assigned to a CSS which is assigned to HO' phones.

----------------------------------------------------------------
For DR site you need to create the same configuration as below.

1st TP:this TP will take calls from DR to HO.

1234.5xxx, Remove predot & add prefix as 7 and assign a new partition (e.g. PT_DR) to it and this partition should assigned to a CSS which is assigned to DR' phones.

Create 2nd TP as below and this will keep calls route to local phones of DR from DR phones.

5678.1xxx, Remove predot and assign a new partition (e.g. PT_DR) to it and this partition should assigned to a CSS which is assigned to DR' phones.

Note: CSS which you assign to above 1st translation patterns for both sites, should have access to another site's phones and for 2nd translation patterns you can assign a CSS which have access to local phones only for HO and DR.

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: