cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern issue

singh-ashok
Level 1
Level 1

There is a requirement to translate a DID number in Russia to a CCM extension. I have configured the translation pattern in CCM. the site uses an MGCP gateway.

Issue - when I dial the DID #, I get the message "Invalid Number". Service provider claims that the # is active & they can see the route for these numbers to out office PBX ( CCM).

Is there anything I have missed here?

19 Replies 19

Hi Ashok,

Check the trace level for the CCM SDI traces to make sure they are set to 'Detailed' level while recreating the problem. Make sure the individual filter settings are checked, including 'PRI trace', 'MGCP trace' and 'All Gateway trace'. The posted output didn't show the digit analysis for the test calls, likely because of the trace level.

The isdn trace still showed the unallocated/unassigned number error, which points to the issue still being the CCM configuration. On the gateway, turn off all debugs using the 'undebug all' command, then turn on just the Q931 debugs.

Do you mind collecting both traces again?

Regards,

Michael.

Since you have the significant digits set to 4 then you only need to set the TP to 028X and the called party transform set to the 4 digit extension that you want.

That should fix your problem, if not, upload the trace and the debug as already asked by Michael.

//Jorge

Michael / Jorge,

Thanks a lot for all the effort you guys took to help me out. I configured the TP to 028X as suggested & that fixed the issue.

One more help - is there any specific way to analyze ISDN debugs & CCM traces? Are there any specific keywords to search in those traces?

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok.

I strongly recommend you the following book:

Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony

By Paul Giralt, Addis Hallmark, Anne Smith.

You can found it on Cisco Press.

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587050757

It tells you how to troubleshoot many issues (GW and CCM) and what debugs do you need for each issue and also what to look for on both debugs and CCM traces.

thanks Jorge. Have a nice evening.

Regards,

Ashok.