cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translation pattern urgent priority

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyon know reason behind the callmanager translation pattern's urgent priority flag being non-configurable.

older versions of ccm allowed you to set or unset it.

i have a case where a 20xx translation pattern is grabbing a call being attempted to 20xxxx, in which case the 6-digit call can never be made

thanks

rob

18 Replies 18

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I thnk by its very nature TP`s are urgent, could you not use a different Partiton?

That's exactly what iptuser55 replied. Cisco Unified CallManager sets all translation patterns with urgent priority, and you cannot change the priority of the translation patterns.

MK

i don't thing different partitions would help.

as soon as the 4-digits are dialed, the tp takes it.

could use a route pattern with urgent priority off instead of tp. route pattern sends the 6-digit call to a "dumb" h323 gateway that sends it back to ccm.

seems like a lot of manipulating to do though

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could change the interdigit timeout, but then it would delay the shorting dialing strings.

You basically have an overlapping dial plan that needs to be adjusted with Partitions and Calling Search Spaces. Translation are not going to help in your be themselves.

Place that line in it's own Partition and Calling Search Space. Use a translation for that css and PT only to call other numbers and vice and versa. That should fix your problem.

not sure i'm following your suggestion on partition/css to fix the overlap, so let me elaborate on issue:

all phones are 6-digit numbers and all are in internal partition. first 2 digits of the extension is a "site code".

each site can dial intra-site by the 4-digits. this is what the 20xx trans pattern is for - it prefixes the 'site code'.

A remote site uses 20 for a site code, so trying to dial them is causing this.

thks

rob

Right so what you did was use "20" as a site code when you your extensions are 20xx correct?

There is a piece of the equation that is missing in your example. You say all lines are 6 digits and in the same internal partition. That would mean you have unique extensions in the internal partition correct?

The next part is confusing. If everyone has unique extensions, why bother with translation patterns?

Or if you are using translation patterns, you must be using them to translate a 6 digit to 4 digit extension for local site phones to dial each other with 4 digits correct?

My experience with this type of setup is that you have to avoid the site code that matches the extension. In your example, "20" for 20xxxx is the same as the extension or starts the same as 20xx extension. There is no way around this other than to place them in their own CSS and PT.

I have done it a different way and placed everyone in their own PT and CSS. Then I use Translation Patterns with Prepending digits for the site code as the call back.

So for example, if someone at extension 4000 (site code 20) wanted to call sally at extension 4000 (site code 30) they would simply dial 304000 and the translation pattern would connect them to their extension in the other css/pt. The callback or missed called on their screen with have 204000 so Sally could call back if their was a missed call.

Granted, there will be alot translation patterns to/from each site, but it gives us more flex in the dial plan and also less processing on the CPU in CallManager. Chugging though one internal CSS with 1000's of extensions can be a load. Where as if I Translation Patterns, it will narrow it down quicker.

yes you are correct.

unique 6-digits across sites.

translation pattern allows intra-site calls to be made w 4-digits instead of 6.

your example uses seperate partitions for each site and 4-digit extensions with 6-digit inter-site dialing, correct? How do you handle vm if using one centralized unity for all?

Rob

I use voicemail profiles in CallManager.

So if line 4000 at site "20", I apply the voicemail profile with a mask.

20xxxx when it roles into Unity Unity will see 204000 (still unique in Unity so we are covered there)

My example uses separate CSS and PTs per site.

CSS_Internal_Site20

PT_Phone_Site20

CSS_Internal_Site30

PT_Phone_Site30

got it

so outside caller reaching AA, would need to know 6-digit ext to do dial xfer, etc.?

any issues with mwi? i'd guess unity needs to go through trans patterns also

rob

Outside caller hitting the AA would need to know their 6 digit number if they are dialing the number. (or spell by name is easier)

Unity should have access to the transpatterns depending on how you have the Unity ports setup.

Unity basically dials out the 6 digit number, hits the transpattern, then goes the phone as 4 digits and lights the light or off, etc.

ok..good

when site A caller looks at his phone log, does a missed call from site B user show up as his 4-digit extension and if so, can the calling party transform mask be used so he sees call as 6-digit and can use dial softkey to call back?

Rob

In the translation pattern you have to add the site code and XXXX into the calling or called number, I cant recall. I dont have a CUCM in front of me right now. But you can manipulate the translation pattern so it will so 6 digits instead of the calling 4 digit number.

that would mean you need translation patterns for each site, can't group them all into a global partition - yes?

To/From each Site.

So if you have 6 sites you will have 36 Translations.

Site 20 calling Site 30

Site 30 calling Site 20

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: