cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns and CSS/Partition

iancarder
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue creating a translation pattern and assigning it to an extension if that extension is part of a partition. When I dial the entire phone number from my extension, I get a phone not in service error. Here's the example:

Local extension - 3333

Device CSS- TeachersCSS

Line 1 Parition - TeachersPT

Line 1 Directory Number Settings CSS - TeachersCSS

Partitions:

TeachersPT

InboundPattersPT

CSS:

InboundPatternsCSS(InboundPattersPT, TeachersPT)

TeachersCSS(TeachersPT, InboundPattersPT)

Translation Pattern:

Partition - InboundPatternsPT

CSS - InboundPatternsCSS

The idea of the pattern is to provide a DID for that extension. If no partitions are assigned to the phone and the pattern, the DID works properly.

Any ideas what I'm missing? TIA

4 Replies 4

iec1088407
Level 1
Level 1

your Gateways is a H323 or MGCP, if it is H323 you will need to change the CSS for Inbound calls

Thanks for the response. The gateway is MGCP. I changed the CSS for the T1PRI port 0/0 on the inbound calls section to InboundPatternsCSS. That didn't help.

OK, so what you want is to map 4 digits that are coming from the PSTN to an IP phone that does not have that 4 digits as internal extesion?

if so what you need to do is configure the inbound CSS for the GW to reach the TP , under the TP configure the called number as the IP phone you want to reach and make sure the CSS of the TP is able to reach the destination IP phone

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I already have those pieces configured and I'm still running into a brick wall. I've just opened a TAC request, so we'll see where that goes. If I get it sorted out, I'll report back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: