Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns in CUCM 8.6

Kiley Arena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to build a translation that masks the NOC number so that when they call anyone, either on the cluster or off of the cluster, they will see a different number.  For example, the NOC number is 2398990; what we want everyone else to see (so they won't just randomly call the NOC instead of the help desk) is:  3449990.

What I've built in the call manager is this:

Translation Pattern:  239899x

Partition:  Same partitioin that all other directory numbers use

Calling Search Space:  Calling Search Space for National dialing that phones allowed to dial nationally use

Calling Party Transformations:

Calling Party Transform Mask:  3449990

When I called a number within the cluster, it did not work and showed the NOC number of 2398990.

When I called a number off of the cluster, it did not work and showed the NOC number of 2398990.

I then changed the Called Party Transformation Mask to 3449990.

When I called a number within the cluster, it did not work and showed the NOC number of 2398990.

When I called a number off of the cluster, it did not work and showed the NOC number of 2398990.

I've tried to some research on this and found information from others that say it is possible to do this - either by creating a new CSS/partition and putting the number in there (which I did as well but that didn't work either). However, I did notice that there seemed to be quite a few issues when others have tried this.  It seems like a simple concept but the execution doesn't bear this out.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this and help point out to me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks so much in advance for any assistance!!!

Kiley

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Problem is the CSS from calling phones can reach both 2398990 and 239899x, and CUCM uses best match routing.

The whole number is always a best match compared to your TP which matches 10 numbers.

So, either you do modify your CSS and partitions and make sure you can only reach the TP partition, or you create TPs with the EXACT numbers you need, IN A DIFFERENT PARTITION than the DNs you already have, and modify the CSS from calling phones to have that new partition, ON TOP of the partition which holds those phones.

Either way, you need to create a new partition and modify the CSS, your choice.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime,

I'll try that and let you know.  To reiterate:

1. Create a TP for the specific number(s) that I want to have translated OR

2. Create a different CSS/Route Partition that the 239899x number will match against the TP.

Thanks,

Kiley

1. Yes, the TPs need to be exact matches of the DNs and you just need to add the new partition to the CSS

2. Remove the partition where phones exist, and add only the TP partition to CSS

Make sure you understand how everything is routed as you might break something if you change something else.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi,

Go to Route Pattern, check the "Use Calling Party's External Mask Number" and provide your number "3449990" in "Calling Party Transform Mask" field.

But, is your 3449990 and 2398990 falls on same block of PRI numbers. Will your Telco allows this number on the link.

Regards

Selvarathnam

giorgiosalsiri
Level 1
Level 1

You can find more details of the calling restrictions in the following document, with examples and how to configure them:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fshosp.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: