cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation patterns Issue ???

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are using translation patterns for our 50 sites, by using *036, which translate to (02345566) and *037 transalate to (03344667). Now the Telephone provider changed the numbers nation wide and increased the 8 digits to 10. Now (02345566) number will be changed to (023 99 45566) and same for the 2nd number. I tried to change the number in Call Manager--translation pattern--Called Party Transform Mask, and I thought it would work! but when I dial *036, it does not go through and and get usual message! when I change this to an old number, then it does go through! Can some one help me regarding this issue!

Also I checked the dial-peers in the router! which are:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 850.

session target ipv4:192.168.XXX.XXX

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 3 voip

destination-pattern 01..

session target ipv4:192.168.XXXX

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 4 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 01..

session target ipv4:192.168.XXXX

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Any reply will be appreciated!

Thanks

5 Replies 5

sebastiandm
Level 1
Level 1

What happens if you dial the number manually from one of the phones onsite ? Have you checked your route patterns, maybe you have a match which is being blocked. You could also try dialling the number directly from the gateway using csim start if h.323.

Yes, when I dial manually it automatically decrease the digit from 10 to 8, I mean it does not show the last two digit in the number on the IP phone screen. It seems to me that I need to upgrade the dial plan software in Call Manger to support 10 digits>

I just use one route pattern 9.@ thats it!

Can you send me the procedure, how to dial directly from the Gateway ?

If you have any other idea, please let me know.

thanks

Hi,

Seems you have a problem with your dialplan. Insert this route pattern:

9.02399XXXXX

and let me know if this works.

Like earlier I said, I just use 9.@, which suppose to dial any number digits, like If I dial mobile numbers, it goes through, but if I dial the landline new provisioned numbers, it does not go through!

what difference would that make (9.02399XXXXX) ?

Thanks

Well, I tried the above route pattern (9.02399XXXXX) it worked with 10 digits, but I got issue with this, Now the 8 digits remote numbers can't be dialed!

9.@ means you can dial anywhere and any number of digits, but in my case it the first the translations patterns is working fine, but when I change the called party number from 8 digits to 10 digits, I get error message. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks