cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Rule no working/matching problem

pfc-corporate
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a translation-rule for all international calls (011) so that the type is changed to unknown. I need this to interface properly with my telco.

I've created the translation-rule fine as verified by the test command, but getting it to work when a call is actually made seems to not work.

I have a pre-existing translation-rule and profile in place to re-write the outbound DID for the calling number, and this is applied at the voice-port level (for simplicity on my part). I 'm not sure if this is causing the problem or it's something else.

Here is the config sections:

# convert extension # to DID for calling number

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^33..\)/ /407745\1/

rule 2 /\(^35..\)/ /407745\1/

rule 3 /\(^43..\)/ /407284\1/

# match any calls beginning with 011 and change the call type

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /^011/ /011/ type any unknown plan any unknown

voice translation-profile OutboundCLIDasDID

translate calling 1

translate called 4

voice-port 0/0/0:23

translation-profile outgoing OutboundCLIDasDID

dial-peer voice 200 pots

description International

destination-pattern 7011T

port 0/0/0:23

prefix 011

!

This setup isn't working. The 011 calls are still going out as the default of International.

I also tried applying a translation-profile on the the dial-peer 200 as such:

translation-profile outgoing International

with the corresponding profile being:

voice translation-profile International

translate called 4

But that doesn't work either.

3 Replies 3

v_bashaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! You've mentioned that calls go out through the wrong peer but we don't see a complete set of peers to tell what's wrong. But an outbound translation profile on an outbound peer cannot affect the peer selection. The problem is in matching patterns. Check your dial-peer dest patterns and also run "debug voip dialpeer ino" to determine what peer is selected and why. If you do translation on inbound peers you can run "deb voice translation". I also don't suggest to use translation on ports in general.

best regards, rate if useful.

There is no issue with the dial-peer matching, the issue is with the translation's. The dial-peer is matched just fine.

Ok, well this was an easy fix. Your suggestion to do debug voice translation helped.

I had to adjust th translation rule to include the 7, and take the prefix off the dial-peer:

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /^7011/ /011/ type any unknown plan any unknown

dial-peer voice 200 pots

description International

destination-pattern 7011T

port 0/0/0:23

!

The router was trying to match the translation with the 7 prefix in my destination-pattern, which makes sense, since that was the # dialed on the handset.

I was only looking at debug isdn q931 originally and that wasn't obviously to me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: