cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

troubleshoot fxo

anthonyfear
Level 1
Level 1

Every few days the vic-2fxo card in my 1751v router seems to stop working properly. It does not answer calls coming in but appears to try and place outbound calls. Only it doesn't seem to pickup the line. i.e. no dialtone, ringing tone etc. but the system seems to think the call is going through.

A show voice port summary shows the port is off-hook and operational status as up but it's not placing the call.

Any ideas? Any suggestions on debugging this some more? I'm sure it a faulty fxo but it's strange thatit only happens every few days.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

can be a stuck call. Status should be dorm, on-hook.

Can you check IOS and upgrade ?

The alternative is configure disconnection supervision (not always an easy task).

status was dorm, on-hook

However I tried shutdown on voice port and then no shutdown to bring it back up but now show voice port summary shows that status os dorm and on-hook but operational status is down. How do I bring operational status back up?

IOS is 12.4(11)T1

Sorry, if shut/no shut fails to bring back the port to life, I'm afraid the only alternative is a reboot.

IOS is fine.

Guide to disconnect troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Thanks for you help

but that link is about disconnect problems - which isn't my issue. The ports work fine for a couple of days and then seem to fail for no reason. I'd like to find a way to debug so I can identify problem.

Indeed, if you call from outside and hear ringback rather than busy, the port is not stuck off-hook. The debug command to see what the port is doing is "debug vpm signal".

Is the FXO signaling configured as Loop or Ground Start?

Armando

both are configured as loop-start.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: