cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting incoming call handling

Dave Kallweit
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best debug or set of debugs to look at issues with incoming calls.  The calls are making it to the voice port and are being answered but then nothing happens.  

Is debug voip ccapi inout the best one?  I am not really seeing what is happening to the call from it.  I have posted it if someone could help me interpret it.

5 Replies 5

It looks like the inout portion is working fine.  I would suspect a codec mismatch or a routing problem on the CUCM (assuming that is where it is getting routed).  'debug voip ccapi' should tell you if it's a codec issue.

Chris

I am 99% sure its a routing problem.  Is there a good debug to look at that?

Sorta.  You can dig into the CUCM logs/trace files.  But that gets ugly fast, especially if its a busy production system.  Easiest thing to do is use the Dialed Number Analyser.  This can be found from the CUCM Servicability page, under Tools.  If you don't find it, you may need to activate the service.  Open it up, go into Analysis, Gateways.  Then search and find your gateway and enter in the digits that the dial-peer to forwarding to CUCM.  The analyzer will tell you what CUCM should be doing with that number coming from that gateway.  Much easier than squinting at trace files.

Incoming Dial-peer=0, Progress Indication=ORIGINATING SIDE IS NON ISDN(3), Ca
Outgoing Dial-peer=10, Params=0x49ED333C, Progress Indication=ORIGINATING SID
Guid=4C4D01BB-C05B-11E4-8067-C0B72B0B492B, Outgoing Dial-peer=10

Enable Protocol specific debugs, Below link will help identify required debugs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080207ec6.shtml

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi ,

when you said "but then nothing happens" ... you are saying that although the call is completed, you cannot hear anything?

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: