I have a Call Manager 7.0(2) Cluster in a HQ with 9 remote sites. Each site has a hardware conference bridge configured on the gateway. All the MRG's and MRGL's are set up identical for each respective device pool and all the IOS configs are identical (except the CFB name).
For some reason, from only one of the sites I cannot initiate an adhoc or meetme conference. I have double and triple checked the configs and verified that each site is set up the exact same, yet only one site has a problem. As soon as I bring the second call in the conference drops. THe IOS SCCP profile is registered with call manager and the router sees it as registered.
What I'm looking for is a way to troubleshoot it, I can't seem to find an appropriate debug on teh router and I'm not very familiar with what traces to get from Call Manager.
I'd appreciate if someone could give me a couple of pointers,
Can you describe how you have configured your Media Resource Groups and Lists in this deployment?
OK so I've got the IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge registrered with my Pub, called CFB-MIDLETON, it's in an MRG called MRG-MIDLETON which is then in an MRGL called MRGL-CORK-MIDLETON along with an MoH resource. The MRGL is currently only assigned to my IP Communicator which I'm testing with.
IOS side is registered and all looks OK, show sccp and show dspfarm profile 1 output attached.
I'm pulling traces off CM as I type.
Presumably you have the correct location and device pool (and therefore region) assigned to the CFB in CCM?
All present and accounted for. I've checked the settings over and over again against that of the other sites. I even brought the IOS up to the same version as the other sites as well, thinking it might be a bug.
I suppose my problem is that I don't know how to troubleshoot it. I've pulled IP Voice and Media streaming traces and am looking though them but there's no hint and a problem - I don't even think i could spot if there was problem because it's just so much info.
Well - the IPVMS service runs the software conf bridge on CCM, the MTP, and the MoH/Annunciator. It doesn't actually manage the other conf resources.
Those are managed by the CallManager service, so you'll need that set to 'detailed' tracing to debug that side of it.
OK - I'll give that a shot now.
I just had a look at the syslog on my subscriber and found the following errors:
ccm: 2226: Jun 15 07:29:17.561 UTC : %CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable: No more MTP resources available. Cluster ID:XXXXX Node ID:CAMP-CUCM02
Is this the problem? Both my Call Manager MTP's are registered with the subscriber and all other sites continue to work fine.
Well - that error suggests that something is trying to invoke an MTP but cannot; you probably have enough resources, but maybe don't have the software MTP in the MRGL of the device you are using?
At any rate, the MTP shouldn't NEED to be invoked with a hardware conf bridge - this would mean the media goes to your CCM server then back to the gateway, so defeats the point of using a local conf resource.
Perhaps try with a physical phone rather than CIPC, it might be set to use a low-bandwidth codec or something else similar that is confusing the issue?
Fair enough Aaron, I'll have to get to site to test. I'm trying to resolve remotely at the moment.
However, I appreciate you sticking with me,
You could try configuring an IP phone statically where you are as a local phone (i.e. same dp/location/css etc.etc.).
As long as you don't have device mobility enabled that should be valid (barring any call quality issues).
Did you discover a way to troubleshoot your problem?
I'm facing something similar here and i have no idea how to troubleshoot it.
It's a while ago now but if I think it was to do with the order in which Call Manager was choosing the resources within the MRG when both the software CFB and the hardware CFB were both in the same MRG. From the traces I was seeing that it was trying to choose the software CFB for a G729 conference and because the software CFB doesn't support G729 it was failing. However it wasn't attempting to use the hardware CFB despite it being in the MRG as well.
Personally I think it was a bug. However, because you can only change the order of MRG's within an MRGL and not the resources within a MRG, I seperated the hardware CFB and software CFB into seperate MRG's and ordered the MRG with the hardware CFB first in the MRGL and this resolved the issue.
Hope this helps you.