Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Phone Registration problems in CME

james.techsavvy
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a CME dployed at one of teh sites for one of our clients. There are only 15 phones in total but 3 among them suddenly got unregistered. I have no idea as to what happened. I would like to be advised of a few trubleshooting steps and I ahve a few concerns over CME deployment!

What information can I get if I do " debug ephone error "  and " debug ephone register " ?

I think this is a funny question but just wanted to know if there is any way by which we can check the network configuration of a remote unregistered phone!!!(Would be much helpful if there is any method because we do not have to bother our client contacts for information everytime).!!!!

The last question, Is it possible to configure EM profile in SRST?

Thanks in advance!!!

++James.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The commands are these, but I never have found them useful, because will not tell why the phone unregister, beside TCP timout, thing that you see already without debugs..

What I have found by experience, is that in 100% of the cases, there is a network problem. Even if you don't see it, there is.

So, when you fix the network for good, there will be no more issues.

Hi

Pl find the document published to understand the information you get from "debug ephone register" & "debug ephone error".

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13902

Pl rate if the document is helpful

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: