Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk Between CCM and Avaya IPO

fahadqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I made the SIP trunk between Cisco Call manager 5 with Avaya IP Office. The main problem i m facing in INcoming the outgoing is working fine without any problem, but incoming is not processiong on the Avaya side i found some of the logs saying SDP invite ignore, please find below the Avaya log.

The call has been canceled because of:

1224455615mS Sip: 17.7625.1 -1 SIPTrunk Endpoint(f507fbc0) PresentCall: Invite without SDP, Ignore

1224455615mS Sip: 17.7625.1 -1 SIPTrunk Endpoint(f507fbc0) Terminating dialog f507fbc0, state SIPDialog::INVITE_RCVD(9) for cause CMCauseIncompatible

Can someone please guide me how i fix this issue

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Please try checking the 'MTP Required' checkbox to send out the SDP in the initial invite message to Avaya.

Note (URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmsys/a08sip.html#wp1171754)

Cisco  Unified CallManager 5.0 and later provides an "MTP Required" check box  for Cisco Unified IP Phones that are using SIP, but you should not check this check box for Cisco Unified IP Phones that are using SIP.

If  you check the "MTP Required" check box, you may experience problems  with Cisco Unified CallManager features such as shared line.

When  you leave this check box unchecked, Cisco Unified CallManager will  still insert MTPs dynamically as needed, so you will experience no  benefit from checking the "MTP Required" check box for Cisco Unified IP  Phones that are using SIP.

Although this configuration option for  Cisco Unified IP Phones that are running SIP may be removed in a future  Cisco Unified CallManager release, Cisco will continue to support it  for generic, third-party phones that are running SIP.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Dear Suresh,

Thanks for the info... Yes i already checked the MTP required option but no luck

OK. shall we collect the detailed CCM traces for an outgoing call from CUCM to Avaya, with MTP Checked please?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

I will collect the log and get back to you soon...