Trunking Connecting over WAN Branch and HQ- CCM setup

manipandey
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Confused and need your expert input in this regards

SITE A is HeadQuarter and Site B is a branch. Setup looks like this :-

Site A calling Site B

IP Phone Network(SiteA)--->CCM5.x (SiteA)-->LAN NetworkA--> WAN RouterA--> WAN RouterB-->Branch LAN Network-->CCM5.x(SiteB)--> IP Phone Networks(Site B)

The issue is :-

1) Site B don't want to route IP Phone network over WAN

2) Only CCM network routing is allowed

3) Open for any trunking except SIP.

Tried INTERCLUSTER TRUNK but here needs to advertise each other network and need to make it mesh which is not scalable in case branch has 1000+ phone then needs to route 8+ network which is not scalable and also not the best option from security aspect.

Gateway acting as a proxy is a option but still worried about RTP traffic.

Looking towards input here and thank you all in advance .

With best regards

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi

can you please describe your requirment a bit more clear

i see you have ICT but i need to know how you want the cal fllow to be

?

Thanks for your response.

Scenario is in case of Branches, I want a setup where I don't need to advertise Branch IP Phone network or hide them. Both end has CCM cluster. So, confused about what the best way to allow them to talk to each other over WAN.

Options:-

1) Put the GW at both end which can act as a proxy and terminate the RTP stream respectively and as both GW know each other call should go through. SOme kind of Proxy at each end which hides the Phone network.

Not sure about the config aspect to set this up

2) GK controlled ICT where in respective CCM will register respective site CCM to GK and then GK will talk to each other but here not sure about RTP stream and config I am confused.

Anyway love to hear some input with this kind of restriction. I can implement NON GK controlled ICT trunk but that option is not good because each site has to define respective location CCM Cluster and then IP PHONE network too which is not a good idea.

Pl suggest the best way to connect both end. Both end uses Cisco Phones register with respective CCM Clusters.

Regards

hi mani

its easy nothing to confuse abotu it

first dont worry about RTP stream the CCM OR GK will take care of cal signalling once the phones connected the RTP will be direct between IP phones only

first way to do it

is to make each cluster with a GW with H323

lets say site A use numbers 2XXX and site B use 3XXX

creat on site A route patteent with pattren 3XXX point to its h323 gateway

on that gateway creat a dial peer VOIP point ot site B GW with destination-pattren 3XXX

on the site B GW u have to have a voip dial-peer point to site B cmm with destination 3XXX

now site A phone can call site B phone regarding that u have configured the CSS and partitions correctly

for calls from B to A make it opisite way useing 2XXX as distination from site B

or u can make ICT GK cotroled or non controled

controled the GK will take care about CAC and call routing between clusters you just need to make a domain on the GK and define Zones withe the right prefixes

also you can make the first method which is between gateways and point each gateway to GK in this way the GK will controll the GWs and CCMs each one will send the call to its GW normally

good luck

if helpful Rate