cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning on Presence in CUCM 6.1

clarson1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get presence turned on for IP  Phones in CUCM 6.1.

It states the below:

Step 1 In Cisco CallManager Administration, choose System > Service Parameters.

Step 2 From the Server drop-down list box, choose the server where you want to configure the parameter.

Step 3 From the Service drop-down list box, choose the Cisco CallManager (Active) service.  If the service does not display as active, ensure that the service is activated in Cisco CallManager Serviceability.

Step 4 Locate the clusterwide service parameters for the Presence feature.  Tip For information on the parameters, click the parameter name or click the question mark that displays in the Service Parameter Configuration window.

Step 5 Update the parameter values.

Step 6 Click Save.

But when I look in the Service Parameters, I don't see anything in regards to presence? Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks,

Cliff

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Based on your post, it appears you are referring to CUCM-based presence, not the Cisco Unified Presence product.

Can you confirm this and expand on what isn't working for you currently?

As for presence-related service parameters, there is a section on them labeled "Clusterwide Parameters - (System Presence)" The only one in that section I typically change is BLF Status Depicts DND. Note that if installing CUP, that product install guide suggests changing the Default Inter-Presence Group Subscription value as well.

View solution in original post

As Jonathan said it looks like CUCM based presence. If you are doing this then in reality it is Busy Lamp Field BLF you are using. As well as the above you also need to assign a "PRESENCE CSS" to the user who will have BLF i.e wants to see the status of their target, as well as assigning them a phone template for BLF,SD. You can create a new CSS which contains the Partitions of your normal partition you assign to users or just assign your standard CSS under the presence setting for each user

fieryhail
Level 1
Level 1

Presence available in CUCM 6.x from what I understand is BLF (Busy Lamp Field).  You can choose to monitor DNs on a phone such to tell when people are available or on the phone etc.    Using a 7960/7970 or IP Communicator client, you can add BLF Speed Dial DNs to a phone.  Go under Device > Phone.  Select the device you want to add BLF monitoring to and then add the BLF speed dial button items to it, they can be added from the left hand menu.  Then modify the line button config to assign them to specific line buttons.  In CUCM 7.x (don't believe it is in 6.1) you can also change the DnD option to reject calls.  That's useful if subscribers are in hunt groups and you do not want to log them out of a hunt group but want hunting to not ring them at all while DnD is active on their phone, they may be with a client for instance.  If you're looking for a more in-depth presence solution, I recommend investigating the Unified Presence server option.

I think this link will help to answer many questions regarding buil-in presence capabilities in CUCM 6.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html

HTH

Ronan

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Based on your post, it appears you are referring to CUCM-based presence, not the Cisco Unified Presence product.

Can you confirm this and expand on what isn't working for you currently?

As for presence-related service parameters, there is a section on them labeled "Clusterwide Parameters - (System Presence)" The only one in that section I typically change is BLF Status Depicts DND. Note that if installing CUP, that product install guide suggests changing the Default Inter-Presence Group Subscription value as well.

As Jonathan said it looks like CUCM based presence. If you are doing this then in reality it is Busy Lamp Field BLF you are using. As well as the above you also need to assign a "PRESENCE CSS" to the user who will have BLF i.e wants to see the status of their target, as well as assigning them a phone template for BLF,SD. You can create a new CSS which contains the Partitions of your normal partition you assign to users or just assign your standard CSS under the presence setting for each user

fieryhail
Level 1
Level 1

Presence available in CUCM 6.x from what I understand is BLF (Busy Lamp Field).  You can choose to monitor DNs on a phone such to tell when people are available or on the phone etc.    Using a 7960/7970 or IP Communicator client, you can add BLF Speed Dial DNs to a phone.  Go under Device > Phone.  Select the device you want to add BLF monitoring to and then add the BLF speed dial button items to it, they can be added from the left hand menu.  Then modify the line button config to assign them to specific line buttons.  In CUCM 7.x (don't believe it is in 6.1) you can also change the DnD option to reject calls.  That's useful if subscribers are in hunt groups and you do not want to log them out of a hunt group but want hunting to not ring them at all while DnD is active on their phone, they may be with a client for instance.  If you're looking for a more in-depth presence solution, I recommend investigating the Unified Presence server option.

I think this link will help to answer many questions regarding buil-in presence capabilities in CUCM 6.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html

HTH

Ronan

clarson1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. This has helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: