cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two different Translations

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a situation with two companies with overlapping DN`s and different site codes- I`ve configured the CUCM to deal with this by Partitions and CSS so that users in company A dial 1234 the call has a prefix of 555 added to it and it rings 5551234 but company B users dial 1234 and CUCM adds 666- Site Code 6661234- All working however the issue is when in SRST mode. The phones will register with their full number which is the Site Code 555 followed by the DN 1234 (5551234) and 6661234 but I still want the same set up so that Site A users dials 1234 and the system adds the 555 but Site B users dial 1234 and it adds their site code 666- any idea`s, we do not want to use two SRST routers with different Device Pools- Can you assign COR to the different phones based upon numbers but this needs to be automatic as in SRST mode - thanks

3 Replies 3

You could use CME-as-SRST, and use translation profiles on the ephone profiles. One group of phones will have a profile that will prepend 555 to 4 digit numbers, and one group will have a translation profile that prepends 666 to 4 digit numbers.

hth,

-nick

I was thinking of that as well

1 Create a EPHONE- TEMPLATE A and assign Translation A to it

2. Create EPHONE-TEMPLATE B and Translation B

However how do you ensure the DN`s 555prefix use EPHONE-TEMPALTE A , 666 prefix use EPHONE-TEMPALTE B

We do not want to manually keep adding DN`s when we deploy new ones

That's the problem - you would need to manually configure the DNs since it's CME.

You have two choices - have all the phone use the same template (none), or manually configure all of them.

There isn't going to be an automatic way to configure this. Technically you could write a TCL script to accept a dial peer for all 4 digit numbers and then prepend 3 digits to the called number based on the calling number, but it's outside the scope of any traditional configuration.

-nick