Helpful
Replies

two jtapi-apps on the same terminal

peter0601
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts,

I have the following problem:

I have a working JTAPI Application running on a bunch of IP phones, mostly 7911, 7962, 7970 terminals.

Now I need an additional service to create some XML data that I can push to the phones. But the push is done by an external source, for instance an asterisk telephone server. The *-server calls the jar file containing the JTAPI functionality and try to push an XML <CiscoIPPhoneExecute> object via CiscoTerminal.sendData(xml) to the terminal.

Then I get the following error:

at com.cisco.jtapi.TerminalImpl.getButtonPressedEnabled(CTQF)

at com.cisco.jtapi.TerminalImpl.getDeviceState(CTQF)

at de.aco.al.Start.<init>(Start.java:70)

at de.aco.al.Start.main(Start.java:25)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

The weird thing is. I use the same code in the working application and everything works fine...

CiscoTerminal ct = (CiscoTerminal) term;

int state = ct.getDeviceState(); System.out.println("state:" + state);

ct.sendData(xmlResponse);

The code already interrupts at the getDeviceState method!

Any clues what could be the reason for this behaviour?

Cheers and thx in advance for your mostly appreciated help!

Peter

1 Reply 1

peter0601
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

solved the problem.

I did not place an observer on the phone. hence i was unable to control it. I do not know why an observer is necessary to use the CiscoTerminal.sendData method but anyway. Solved!

Cheers Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: