Views
Helpful
Replies

Two stage dialing using FXO card

NomanPalijo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can you please suggest me what to do to acheive the below setup using Cisco router.

My main objective is to be able to achieve two-stage dialing i.e. dialing  into the route using the POTs/PSTN line which would be attached to it, entering  the desired telephone number using DTMF, and then having the call sent  to our Class 4 softswitch using SIP, for onward termination.

I have been suggested to use either of the below modular access routers with VIC2- 2FXO Card.

• Cisco 2611
  • Cisco 2621xm
  • Cisco 2651xm

Do you think this setup will work. Will I be able to dial into the router by using the PSTN Line attached to it and then after a announcement/beep or any other indication dial the 2nd number which is our desired number and then that number gets routed to our class 4 switch.

Can anyone explain how this setup will actually work?

Regards

Noman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default on either ISDN/E1/T1 line and fxo lines is to have two stage dialling. If thats what you want all you need to do is to configure dial-peers on your router to route the call to the destination you have inputed when you dial in.

Please bear in mind that two stage dialling is not a very safe option. It opens you up to a lot of fraud! If people find your number they can initiate calls and make outbound call to any destination your dial-peers allow.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default on either ISDN/E1/T1 line and fxo lines is to have two stage dialling. If thats what you want all you need to do is to configure dial-peers on your router to route the call to the destination you have inputed when you dial in.

Please bear in mind that two stage dialling is not a very safe option. It opens you up to a lot of fraud! If people find your number they can initiate calls and make outbound call to any destination your dial-peers allow.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear Aokanlawon,

Thank you for your response. But I am still a bit confused. Can you explain me what is user observation, I will call into the ISDN number attached to router, what will happen next? I will not have the router with me, it will be placed far away from me at a remote location at any data centre. I will call into it and configure the router to route the call to my Class 4 switch. From there I will route it anywhere I want.

Does anyone has idea how does the CAMA Centralized Automatic Message Accounting works in VIC2-2FXO Card.

Also is Cisco 2600 XM router a good option to acheive the above two stage dialing.

Regards

Noman

Ejiroro oki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Noman Palijo,

Please I have a cisco vic2-2fxo card I want to test,I want to be able to dial into the card.I have a telephone line connected to it or how can I test the card only to be sure it is working.I also have an fxs with me but want to test the fxo

I have the following

1.2821 ROUTER

1.PVDM2-16

1.VIC2-2FXO

IOS IS    c2800-adventerprisek9-mz.123.11.T11.bin

Thanks.

Ejiroro oki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: