Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Unity (Without Failover) possible to communicate?

Hi, I have two Unity Servers both without Failover and on standalone exchanges.

However there is a need to dial Unity-A's VM pilot number and leaving a Voicemail for a subscriber in Unity-B.

Can I ask what are the options to do this?

Do I need to wipe out for example Unity-B, and reinstall it, this time using Unity-A's Exchange and repopulating all the subscribers so that all subscribers are on one Exchange?

Or I can install some components to do this?

I have come across this Cisco Unity Voice Connector for Microsoft Exchange Release 11.0(3). Can this achieve that requirement?

Is there any other solutions I can do this?

Thanks all for your help.

Eugene

4 REPLIES

Re: Two Unity (Without Failover) possible to communicate?

Hi all,

I realised my two unity are in different Domains. Is there anyway to do Digital Networking still?

:(

Thanks.

Eugene

Hall of Fame Super Silver

No, Unity servers need to be in the same AD forest in order for Digital Networking to work.

Chris

You may be able to setup a bridgehead server to connect to two Unity servers. It's not quite digital networking, but you can see in the diagram, it could work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008045c1f1.html#wp1612796

AMIS is possible, but it's a pain to setup. I know the bridgehead is for Octel connections, but possible look into using it for Unity domain a to/from Unity domain b

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content