Views
Helpful
Replies

Type 5 CLID support with Cisco 3845

rajasekarvs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I have a requirement to check if the Cisco 3845 VG with E1 trunks connected to the carrier can support Type 5 CLID presentation. Was trying to get something on the web with no luck. Has anybody done this before ? If so , request you to let me know if there`s anything specific that we have to configure at the gateway level. Could really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in Advance,

Raj

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is a type 5 CLID?

Do you have PRI or E1 R2 ?

Are you using H.323 or MGCP?

You need to be more specific when exposing problems.

Thanks for your swift response.

Below are the responses to your queries :

Type 5 CLI :

Presentation numbers that identify separate groups of callers behind a private network switch wishing to send different outgoing CLIs. A typical scenario is a call centre making calls on behalf of more than one client. Type 5 presentation numbers are generated by the user's equipment. Subscribers will need to enter into a similar contractual commitment with their network providers as for type 1 presentation numbers - that they are entitled to use the numbers they have selected.

I`m using E1 PRI terminating on a Cisco 3845 configured as SIP gateway with CUCM 7.x.

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: