cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500

jsheppard
Level 1
Level 1

When dialing main number that routes over analog line to FXO port I recieve a busy signal. I have set up extension 1001 as automated attendant extension number. This number works fine if I dial from an IP phone, but rings busy if I try to dial from outside. I have connection PLAR 1001 on port 0/1/0. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

Can you post your config, and also the output from "debug vpm signal" when calling from outside to see if port 0/1/0 rings at all.

Thanks,

Sorry, I should have posted it. Here it is.

Hello,

Did you try replacing the "connection plar opx 1001" with "connection plar 1001"? Also, can you do debug vpm signal when calling from outside and post the output, and also debug voip dialpeer?

I will try the connection plar on this voice port. I do have some new information though. Hopefully you can help. If I make an outbound call from the same voice port, it will not connect, but if I disconnect that call and immdiately try again, it will connect. Then if I call my inbound main number it will go through, but only once. I then have to make the outound call again to free up the port. It's like the port is not being freed up when I hang up the call. I should add that when I can successfully dial in withough getting the busy signal, I still do not hear my automated attendant, the call just sits their until I disconnect. I will post the debug xpm signal.

Thanks,

You may need to configure supervisory disconnect on the fxo ports. Check this link, it further explains:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

I tried some of these, but to no avail. They all seem to apply to earlier IOS versions. I am on 12.4(20). The call is now being picked up by the AA, but I'm not sure why. If the call is answered by the router or a phone the port clears, but if it doesn't get answered and the calling device terminates, then the port remains siezed. Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: