Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

UC Upgrade

Hi Experts,

In my lab, I am upgrading our UC from 7.1.3 ot 8.5.1. The ISO that I am going to upgrade to is:

UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.13900-5.sgn.iso

I am receiving a message stating" This Refresh Upgrade will COMPLETELY REFORMAT YOUR SERVER. Reverting to your current version following the Refresh Upgrade will require a reinstall and restore. You must have a valid backup"

My first question is;

if this is an upgrade, why this will reformat the server? I don't want this ot happen. Am I using the wrong ISO file?

In the same warning page it also mentions "This server model requires a USB storage device in order to proceed with the upgrade. Please insert a USB storage device with at least 128GB of capacity. Note that any existing data on the USB device will be deleted"y

Second question is;

I am remote and have no physical access to the server to connect any USB devices, is there anyway that I can bypass this message by using one of the available discs in the server?

Thanks,

MK

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

UC Upgrade

Hi MK,

Something doesn't add up here. The Refresh upgrade process shouldn't kick in until

the move to 8.6(x) as far as I know. Can you please review these docs and the

doc from Saurabh and verify your file as a first step

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/unified-comm-application/blog/2011/08/11/checklist-before-upgrading-to-unity-connection-86

Cheers!

Rob

Attachments:
Bronze

UC Upgrade

Thanks Rob,

Is UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.13900-5.sgn.iso to use in order to upgrade from 7.1.3 to 8.51?

If it's an upgrade why the system is going to be formated?

Is there a way that I can bypass the requirment fo the USB device?

Thanks,

MK

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content