cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc500 fxo hunt groups

jason.whelan
Level 4
Level 4

The default uc500 config (using cca) puts fxo ports in a hunt group and applies the hunt group to the pots dial peers.

Problem is if one fxo trunk is oos, the hunt group does not hunt around .ie unplug trunk 1, and outbound calls are busy signals. Hard to believe the hunt group can't get around a failed trunk?

Whats the point of a hunt group?

I could just put preferences on the ports directly, but default config from cca builds hunt groups when you select the north american dial plan.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunaly that is normal behavoir. You can try playing around with voice class under trunk group, or shutdown the port when one is out of service.

ouch.

Hard to believe there's no mechanism to monitor the fxo port to remove it from the trunk group. Then again, a bad b channel in a pri will still get hit, but if the dchannel goes down the pri will fail from one controller to a second one....

Thx for the reply

As I said, there are commands in voice class cause that may facilitate that, but are poorly documented and I haven't seen so far a configuration that is guaranteed to work.