cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Teleworker

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to understand what the licensed phone numbers actually mean. For example in a 48 user system, do the Teleworker licenses mean you can only connect a total of 4 wireless phones (i.e. 48 + 4)?

The documentation seems to imply the 48 must be locally connected PoE phones only. So does that mean no more than 4 (wireless or remote PoE) phones can be registered with a UC500 system?

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I understand the documentation can be confusing and I guess only some cisco marketing person could tell you why it's done so.

What I can tell you with certainty is that any CME system, UC520 included, does not enforce any limitation to user topology beside the maximum number of registered phones.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it does not mean that.

Each system type has a maximum number of phones that can be registered simultaneously, in your example 48+4=52.

You could have all these 52 as remote over VPN, across different switches with or without PoE, on wireless, or any mixed topology you can think, as long you stay below 52, all will working.

ok, the documentation doesn't read too well. Why do they state 48 + 4 if it doesn't matter what the combination of types of phone are, why not just say its 52? Am I missing the point?

I understand the documentation can be confusing and I guess only some cisco marketing person could tell you why it's done so.

What I can tell you with certainty is that any CME system, UC520 included, does not enforce any limitation to user topology beside the maximum number of registered phones.

ok thanks for the confirmation.

Just for the benefit of others if they get confused also, I was reading the Q&A, particularly question:

"Q. Does the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series support teleworkers?"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/prod_qas0900aecd806a3cfa.html

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: