Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520: Dial-peer idetification

HI,

I have one problem in understanding a dial-peers. In the postet part of the config are dial-peers. The yyy is our number of reception or"Zentrale". HOw manage the system to dial to one specific Phone. But there is no dieal-peer to destination-pattern to one of the Phones. The dial peer pots direct to FXS Ports of the uc. The ephone-dn 30 has a number "yyy" the reception. Is there a background mechanisem to control this. The dial-peers have the targets "FXS". NO dial-peer for voip. One enphone-dn has the same number as the pots dial-peers and match it that is clear.

I know that ephones-dn are virtual-voiceports but there is no dial-peer to match the singel phones.

i missing ssomething like this :

router#show running-config
dial-peer voice 20004 pots
destination-pattern 1001
preference 1
huntstop
port 50/0/4

voice-port 50/0/4
station-id number 1001
station-id name John Smith
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dimuthurathna
Level 1
Level 1

Can you provide following command output also.

#show dial-peer voice summary 

View solution in original post

It will be more clear if you look at the output of 'sh telephony-service dial-peer'.  That command will show the virtual dial-peers that are created when you create a DN.

Let's say you create DN 1 with extension 1001.  It will create:

dial-peer voice 20001 pots

destination-pattern 1001$

port 50/0/1

As you can see, it is making a dial-peer to send 1001 to port 50/0/1.  Port 50/0/1 is the EFXS port that is created when you provision the DN, and is the way we send calls out to the SCCP stack for a CME IP phone.

Hence, when you get a call for 1001, it matches this peer, and send the call to the SCCP DN and will ring all relevant phones that have that DN assigned.

Note that 'sh dial-peer voice sum' will also show the list of these virtual dial-peers.

Also note that even if you have a dial-peer with 'destination-pattern 1001' pointing somewhere, we'd still always match 20001 first.  The reason for this is because 1001$ is a more specific match than 1001 is.

Run 'debug voip ccapi inout' and you can see what dial-peer is matched for the call.  We will always match an inbound peer and an outbound peer.

For an inbound call:

inbound peer: POTS peer for PRI*

outbound peer: CME virtual DN peer

For an outbound call:

inbound peer: CME virtual DN peer^

outbound peer: POTS peer for PRI'

If you need to translate the number for an inbound call, you want to do it 'incoming' on the inbound peer (marked with a *).

If you need to translate the number for an outbound call, you can do either:

a) incoming translation under the DN (marked with a ^)

b) outgoing translation on the outbound POTS peer (marked with a ')

I prefer to use 'B' for outbound translations.  Note that if you do this, the destination-pattern should match the string before the transformation, and then the dial-peer will transform it when the dial-peer is matched, and the translation is hit.

Hope this help clarifies it.  If you're still confused, post CCAPI debugs for a failure, along with your config and what you're trying to translate from & to.

8 Replies 8

dimuthurathna
Level 1
Level 1

Can you provide following command output also.

#show dial-peer voice summary 

Yes ,

they are the virtual voice ports but why they are not apear in the run config ?

They appear like a list of ports likes 20031 that could be the dial-peers.

They were automatet created by the system and so not listst in the run conf ?

This is how CUCME works. Whatever attributes we assigned to dial-peers (COR , codec, translation , etc..) has to be applied to ephone , ephone DN & telephony service , etc..

One reason may be these devices are centrally controlled (SCCP) & attributes cannot be put only onto a dial-peer. Somehow this is a design decision.

ok that is now clear.

Correct me please if I wrong.

The Call come over the Bri Ports(ISDN)  to the uc520. There are incoming dial-peer voice pots with destination-pattern yyy to a specific FSX port. But there is no Phone on it. The next logical hop is to the ephones. And the system search for the closed match on the ephones--dn.

If some call for example yyy23 the system roll over the FSX to ephones and find the closest match in ephone-dn 23 with the number 23. If only yyy is called the closest match is the ephone-dn 30 with yyy.

It will be more clear if you look at the output of 'sh telephony-service dial-peer'.  That command will show the virtual dial-peers that are created when you create a DN.

Let's say you create DN 1 with extension 1001.  It will create:

dial-peer voice 20001 pots

destination-pattern 1001$

port 50/0/1

As you can see, it is making a dial-peer to send 1001 to port 50/0/1.  Port 50/0/1 is the EFXS port that is created when you provision the DN, and is the way we send calls out to the SCCP stack for a CME IP phone.

Hence, when you get a call for 1001, it matches this peer, and send the call to the SCCP DN and will ring all relevant phones that have that DN assigned.

Note that 'sh dial-peer voice sum' will also show the list of these virtual dial-peers.

Also note that even if you have a dial-peer with 'destination-pattern 1001' pointing somewhere, we'd still always match 20001 first.  The reason for this is because 1001$ is a more specific match than 1001 is.

Ok , when an incoming number dialing the number yyy and it match witch the enphone-dn 30 it would be seend to the matching voiceport in my case 20032 . My problem becauseof that I have to understand this to find the place where I have to place a voice translation rule to make some change on the incoming number. Our ISDN -provider come with Type : national and the number without any zero in front of the number. We need two zeros to dial out. I have describe this problem in one other thread and the answers gave me a hint so I came to this to understand the method how CCUME works.

Your posting show me now this :

ISDN (Plan, type)--->search for the closest match with a dial-peer----> rout the call to the virtual voice port. But i can´t place a Translationprofile in a VVP because it is virtual. So I place the rule in the ephone-dn 30   (Incoming calling Profile with rule /^/ /00\ / Type national national). So my understanding of the system is after a test the rule should work but it do not working.

The Rule test: voice translation rule 60 yyyyyyy type national

Incoming   yyyyyyy             translated   00yyyyyyy

Plan : ISDN                          Plan: ISDN

Type: national                       Type: national

Now I think I missed something because I have no other alternative

Run 'debug voip ccapi inout' and you can see what dial-peer is matched for the call.  We will always match an inbound peer and an outbound peer.

For an inbound call:

inbound peer: POTS peer for PRI*

outbound peer: CME virtual DN peer

For an outbound call:

inbound peer: CME virtual DN peer^

outbound peer: POTS peer for PRI'

If you need to translate the number for an inbound call, you want to do it 'incoming' on the inbound peer (marked with a *).

If you need to translate the number for an outbound call, you can do either:

a) incoming translation under the DN (marked with a ^)

b) outgoing translation on the outbound POTS peer (marked with a ')

I prefer to use 'B' for outbound translations.  Note that if you do this, the destination-pattern should match the string before the transformation, and then the dial-peer will transform it when the dial-peer is matched, and the translation is hit.

Hope this help clarifies it.  If you're still confused, post CCAPI debugs for a failure, along with your config and what you're trying to translate from & to.

With the right debug Command I am be able to solve the mess. Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: