Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UC520: Dial-peer idetification

HI,

I have one problem in understanding a dial-peers. In the postet part of the config are dial-peers. The yyy is our number of reception or"Zentrale". HOw manage the system to dial to one specific Phone. But there is no dieal-peer to destination-pattern to one of the Phones. The dial peer pots direct to FXS Ports of the uc. The ephone-dn 30 has a number "yyy" the reception. Is there a background mechanisem to control this. The dial-peers have the targets "FXS". NO dial-peer for voip. One enphone-dn has the same number as the pots dial-peers and match it that is clear.

I know that ephones-dn are virtual-voiceports but there is no dial-peer to match the singel phones.

i missing ssomething like this :

router#show running-config
dial-peer voice 20004 pots
destination-pattern 1001
preference 1
huntstop
port 50/0/4

voice-port 50/0/4
station-id number 1001
station-id name John Smith
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: UC520: Dial-peer idetification

Can you provide following command output also.

#show dial-peer voice summary 

Cisco Employee

It will be more clear if you look at the output of 'sh telephony-service dial-peer'.  That command will show the virtual dial-peers that are created when you create a DN.

Let's say you create DN 1 with extension 1001.  It will create:

dial-peer voice 20001 pots

destination-pattern 1001$

port 50/0/1

As you can see, it is making a dial-peer to send 1001 to port 50/0/1.  Port 50/0/1 is the EFXS port that is created when you provision the DN, and is the way we send calls out to the SCCP stack for a CME IP phone.

Hence, when you get a call for 1001, it matches this peer, and send the call to the SCCP DN and will ring all relevant phones that have that DN assigned.

Note that 'sh dial-peer voice sum' will also show the list of these virtual dial-peers.

Also note that even if you have a dial-peer with 'destination-pattern 1001' pointing somewhere, we'd still always match 20001 first.  The reason for this is because 1001$ is a more specific match than 1001 is.

Cisco Employee

Run 'debug voip ccapi inout' and you can see what dial-peer is matched for the call.  We will always match an inbound peer and an outbound peer.

For an inbound call:

inbound peer: POTS peer for PRI*

outbound peer: CME virtual DN peer

For an outbound call:

inbound peer: CME virtual DN peer^

outbound peer: POTS peer for PRI'

If you need to translate the number for an inbound call, you want to do it 'incoming' on the inbound peer (marked with a *).

If you need to translate the number for an outbound call, you can do either:

a) incoming translation under the DN (marked with a ^)

b) outgoing translation on the outbound POTS peer (marked with a ')

I prefer to use 'B' for outbound translations.  Note that if you do this, the destination-pattern should match the string before the transformation, and then the dial-peer will transform it when the dial-peer is matched, and the translation is hit.

Hope this help clarifies it.  If you're still confused, post CCAPI debugs for a failure, along with your config and what you're trying to translate from & to.

8 REPLIES

Can you provide following command output also.

#show dial-peer voice summary 

Yes ,

they are the virtual voice ports but why they are not apear in the run config ?

They appear like a list of ports likes 20031 that could be the dial-peers.

They were automatet created by the system and so not listst in the run conf ?

This is how CUCME works. Whatever attributes we assigned to dial-peers (COR , codec, translation , etc..) has to be applied to ephone , ephone DN & telephony service , etc..

One reason may be these devices are centrally controlled (SCCP) & attributes cannot be put only onto a dial-peer. Somehow this is a design decision.

ok that is now clear.

Correct me please if I wrong.

The Call come over the Bri Ports(ISDN)  to the uc520. There are incoming dial-peer voice pots with destination-pattern yyy to a specific FSX port. But there is no Phone on it. The next logical hop is to the ephones. And the system search for the closed match on the ephones--dn.

If some call for example yyy23 the system roll over the FSX to ephones and find the closest match in ephone-dn 23 with the number 23. If only yyy is called the closest match is the ephone-dn 30 with yyy.

Cisco Employee

It will be more clear if you look at the output of 'sh telephony-service dial-peer'.  That command will show the virtual dial-peers that are created when you create a DN.

Let's say you create DN 1 with extension 1001.  It will create:

dial-peer voice 20001 pots

destination-pattern 1001$

port 50/0/1

As you can see, it is making a dial-peer to send 1001 to port 50/0/1.  Port 50/0/1 is the EFXS port that is created when you provision the DN, and is the way we send calls out to the SCCP stack for a CME IP phone.

Hence, when you get a call for 1001, it matches this peer, and send the call to the SCCP DN and will ring all relevant phones that have that DN assigned.

Note that 'sh dial-peer voice sum' will also show the list of these virtual dial-peers.

Also note that even if you have a dial-peer with 'destination-pattern 1001' pointing somewhere, we'd still always match 20001 first.  The reason for this is because 1001$ is a more specific match than 1001 is.

Ok , when an incoming number dialing the number yyy and it match witch the enphone-dn 30 it would be seend to the matching voiceport in my case 20032 . My problem becauseof that I have to understand this to find the place where I have to place a voice translation rule to make some change on the incoming number. Our ISDN -provider come with Type : national and the number without any zero in front of the number. We need two zeros to dial out. I have describe this problem in one other thread and the answers gave me a hint so I came to this to understand the method how CCUME works.

Your posting show me now this :

ISDN (Plan, type)--->search for the closest match with a dial-peer----> rout the call to the virtual voice port. But i can´t place a Translationprofile in a VVP because it is virtual. So I place the rule in the ephone-dn 30   (Incoming calling Profile with rule /^/ /00\ / Type national national). So my understanding of the system is after a test the rule should work but it do not working.

The Rule test: voice translation rule 60 yyyyyyy type national

Incoming   yyyyyyy             translated   00yyyyyyy

Plan : ISDN                          Plan: ISDN

Type: national                       Type: national

Now I think I missed something because I have no other alternative

Cisco Employee

Run 'debug voip ccapi inout' and you can see what dial-peer is matched for the call.  We will always match an inbound peer and an outbound peer.

For an inbound call:

inbound peer: POTS peer for PRI*

outbound peer: CME virtual DN peer

For an outbound call:

inbound peer: CME virtual DN peer^

outbound peer: POTS peer for PRI'

If you need to translate the number for an inbound call, you want to do it 'incoming' on the inbound peer (marked with a *).

If you need to translate the number for an outbound call, you can do either:

a) incoming translation under the DN (marked with a ^)

b) outgoing translation on the outbound POTS peer (marked with a ')

I prefer to use 'B' for outbound translations.  Note that if you do this, the destination-pattern should match the string before the transformation, and then the dial-peer will transform it when the dial-peer is matched, and the translation is hit.

Hope this help clarifies it.  If you're still confused, post CCAPI debugs for a failure, along with your config and what you're trying to translate from & to.

With the right debug Command I am be able to solve the mess. Thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content