cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 flash write error

recep.sefer
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to write to flash, it gives the following, even there are lots of free space on flash.

UC520#copy running-config config-30-11-2008

Destination filename [config-30-11-2008]?

%Error opening flash:config-30-11-2008 (No more root directory entries available)

8 Replies 8

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a solution to this? Mine just started doing this.

Thanks.

There's a high likelihood you're running into the maximum amount of files you can have in the root directory. It looks like it's somewhere around 255. If you have lots of CME files this will put you up there.

Try deleting some of the old firmware files you do not need anymore.

hth,

nick

I've given that a try with no luck. I've recently noticed other UC500 users pop up with the same error lately...not good.

The fix for one guy was to format the flash and start over. Another guy went down to Office Depot and bought a 2 Gig ScanDisk Flash card for $20 and is up and running.

I only have 119 root files on my flash card. It has worked in the past with more than that...I don't know what triggered it to stop working, but the $20 card from Office Depot is looking pretty good, supported or not.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried "fsck flash:" ?

Great suggestion, but no luck...still getting the same error.

Thanks

I finally had to "format flash:" and reload everything.

Thank goodness it is sitting on my desk.

Something on the drive must get trashed that "fsck" isn't fixing...

Yes, that was the "fix".

CCA 1.9 has since changed the flash file structure to alleviate the root file limits of the flash. It's recommneded to use at least v1.9 CCA for any software upgrades and select the option to clean up the file system.

I'm sure you can move files into directories and create aliases in IOS. This may help to free up some space can be used with phone loads ringtones(I think) etc

tftp-server flash:/Ring1.raw alias rings/Ring1.raw

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: