Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 product question for home phone line

crscrsone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I try to config uc520 with home phone line (NOT T1), but do not work, do I need a T1 line ?

I do not want to use connection plar opx, is there any option, like translation rule, translation-profile ??? or etc ????

Cisco UC520W-8U-4FXO-K9 (MPC8358) processor (revision 0x202) with 249856K/12288Kbytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK13155476
MPC8358 CPU Rev: Part Number 0x804A, Revision ID 0x20
14 User Licenses
10 FastEthernet interfaces
2 terminal lines
4 Voice FXO interfaces
4 Voice FXS interfaces
1 Voice MoH interface
1 802.11 Radio
1 cisco service engine(s)
128K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
125440K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

CCME#

I try to do this

PSTN call in ---> IP hone will pick up the call

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's always options - but they involve spending money. If you want T1 style services, you need a T1 or you need a BRI as the cheaper little brother. Either way it will cost more than a normal home phone line.

If you have a normal POTS line at home, then you use PLAR. A POTS circuit doesn't have the capability of signalling in called number info, so you use PLAR. No options.

If you are asking this because want to learn how a T1 works you have a couple of options:

1) Get equipment capable of terminating a T1 (your router has only FXO connections), and a T1 from a service provider. Generally this isn't practical, for ongoing cost purposes...

2) Get equipment capable of terminating a T1, and also get some kit to simulate a service provider T1. This might be another Cisco router with T1 interface, or a purpose built T1 emulator/tester.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why you do not want to use configure connection plar ?

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's always options - but they involve spending money. If you want T1 style services, you need a T1 or you need a BRI as the cheaper little brother. Either way it will cost more than a normal home phone line.

If you have a normal POTS line at home, then you use PLAR. A POTS circuit doesn't have the capability of signalling in called number info, so you use PLAR. No options.

If you are asking this because want to learn how a T1 works you have a couple of options:

1) Get equipment capable of terminating a T1 (your router has only FXO connections), and a T1 from a service provider. Generally this isn't practical, for ongoing cost purposes...

2) Get equipment capable of terminating a T1, and also get some kit to simulate a service provider T1. This might be another Cisco router with T1 interface, or a purpose built T1 emulator/tester.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Paolo Bevilacqua,

I just wnat to test translation rule, translation-profile.
Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, I have mixed Phone company technology with T1 technology.
This question is resolved. Thanks You.

Henry   

Yes, you can force a called number in place of 'empty', using translation profile and rule.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: