cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Direct Dial to Voicemail

nrobinson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who wants to send all calls that ring in on a specific DID number to one of their user's voicemail. I can't seem to figure out a good way to easily accomplish this. This user has a primary DID that actually rings his phone before going to voicemail, but they want a separate DID that sends calls straight to that voicemail box. Can this be done? I'm open to "workarounds" -- floating extension, call blast group, whatever...just so long as it can all go to the same mailbox somehow. I appreciate anyone's suggestions.

3 Replies 3

Sambit Khuas
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if I understand your requirement right, Is it like, we need a DN that is not assigned to any phone but when called just forwards the call to a voicemail box?

If yes then, I think we can configure a dummy DN and configure call forward all to the correct voicemail pilot number.

For Example:

ephone-dn 1

number

call-forward all

Regards

Sam

Sam,

Thanks for replying, but that's not exactly what we need. What we need to do is have a direct dial number go straight to an already-existing VM box. As an example:

User Bill is at extension 110. He has a DID phone number, 123-456-7890 that rings his phone and if he doesn't answer it goes to his voicemail box. We want to set up a second DID number (like 123-987-6543) that skips ringing his phone and just goes straight to voicemail box #110.

Hope that helps clarify it. I know this is an unusual request - I've never had anyone ask for this before and I haven't found a good way around it yet. Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Unity Express has a system script called xfermailbox.aef. What I usually do is: create a custom script where you tell the person, who is calling, to dial the extension they want to reach. Once the person dial the extension, you used a call subflow step where you can invoke the xfermailbox.aef. You will pass to the xfermailbox.aef the value of the variable where you store the dial extension. You need to pass this value to a variable called xfermbox, which is used by the xfermailbox.aef to reach the correct mailbox.

HTH

Gabriel