cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uc560 and Comcast Business Class voice Service

jamesbruce
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if a UC System can be used with Comcast Business Voice as the voice provider?  I have a possible client that is interested in a UC 500, but they currently have Comcast Business Voice and don't want to go back to AT&T copper lines.

They have approximately 8 incoming numbers.  i'm not sure how this would work with the UC500 and Comcast was really no help in answering my questions as far as the protocols they use, how to connect their modem to the UC500. Etc.

Am also wondering, if this IS possible to do, if I need to use SIP and SIP cabable phones?

Not much on the Internet regarding a UC500 and Comcast. Found a bit of SIP stuff, just not sure if it applies in this particular sitaution.

Any answer as soon as possible would be well appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Two pairs ? I tought we were talking about SIP trunking.

If they provide a T1 interface, configuration is identical as if you were connected to a traditional telco.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally speaking, it is perfectly possible. You need to collect few details, like how registration is done, dtmf and fax relay, etc.

Note, if you never did a CME installation before, I would recommend you engage a reputable consultant for the job. You will save yourself a lot of frustration, and it will come a better and faster job.

Thanks, I've Done CME and full CUCM before, just never with a broadband ISP provider for Voice like Comcast. Guess i willhave to see if I can get a hold of someone at Comcast that can give me more detail, like if the two-pai analog coming out of the modem passess all 8 lines in a roll-over, etc.

Thanks for the reply

Two pairs ? I tought we were talking about SIP trunking.

If they provide a T1 interface, configuration is identical as if you were connected to a traditional telco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: