Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

UCCM 7 and LDAP sync and hide AD accounts

when pulling accounts in UCCM via LDAP sync, is there a way to hide AD accounts that we are no longer using and/or service accounts we dont want to show up? when we use CUPS its showing ALL AD accounts and we dont want that.

2 REPLIES

Re: UCCM 7 and LDAP sync and hide AD accounts

Unfortunately, from the CUCM or CUPS side, there is not a way to hide them. This would be a configuration on the AD side. I believe hiding them in the global catalog will accomplish this, but I am not an AD expert. The only other way to exlude the import is to move them into an OU that CUCM does not sync with

Re: UCCM 7 and LDAP sync and hide AD accounts

I believe from CUCM side, that if you leave the last name field blank in AD, it will not sync over.

CUPS though on the other hand does NOT look at your AD sync in UCM when searching from the CUPS client. This is done via the LDAP configuration on your Presence server side.

Read this GREAT blog!

http://htluo.blogspot.com/2009/01/ldap-integration-with-cups.html

MC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content