Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0.2 to 8.5.1 upgrade

mahbubul karim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I was made aware that there is no bootable UCCX 8.5.1 iso available. So, I installed 8.0.2 and initiated a software upgrade (from the OS admin) to 8.5.1. After the reboot I logged in to the web GUI and tried to run the upgrade through 'Cisco Unified CCX Upgrade Setup'.

I'm having some issues with 'Backup File Path*'. Tried to put a file location on the SFTP server but getting this error saying "Backup file does not exist'.

Tried several combination of the file path but no luck. Any suggestion what exactly I have to type to enter a valid path location ?

I created a location called 'UCCX Backup' in my SFTP server's G drive and tried to put "\\G:\UCCX Backup" as back up file location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Karim

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what is the exact UCCX version from which u are upgrading?

can u share?

show version active

regds,

aman

Thanks for looking at the post, It's  8.0.2.11005-20

UCCX version 8.0.2.11005-20 [8.0(2) SU2]  can be upgraded to 8.5(1)SU1

Have u selected the correct path in sftp where 8.5(1) SU1 is kept and sftp.exe is running?

regds,

aman

Yes, I checked, it is running. I have attached screetshots of combos I tried.

Do u have the read and write access to the folder where Patch is lying ?

regds,

aman

I believe so. 

It's a windows 2003 server where I'm running the TFTP exe. SFTP login if different from NT login. Is that an issue ?

I do not think so that could be the issue.

If u have a PC , install freeftpd sftp and try.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: