Views
Helpful
Replies

UCE-ISM module license issue

Khurram Tariq
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i have installed CUE-ISM module and activated the license in evaluation mode, now my CUE is not working i have checked all the configurations, i think ISm evaluation period has expired , attched a screenshot of show license all commnad kindly check and tell me is the license expired or how to get permanet one ?

please suggest me how to get permanet license

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

According to the output you do not have any mailbox licenses installed on your CUE.Even if you buy a voice bundle, you have to purchase the mailbox licenses separately.
1-If you already have some licenses that you used with the previous version, then you need to migrate those licenses to CUE . In that case you need to login to the Product License Registration website (login required) and under Manage Licenses there is a link to "Look up a License". Enter the information about your ISM module and if you have any licenses that can be migrated, then you can download them from there.

2-If you did not purchase any mailbox licenses then you need to get back to your distributor and buy them. You'll get a PAK that can be used on the same Product License Registration website to generate the license file.

3-You can contact licensing@cisco.com , and define on sunject your issue , and on the body of the mail try to complete the below:-

Customer Details:-

CISCO.COM ID:

Sales Order # 
End-User: -

Problem description:-

Note:Finally, once you uploaded the license file(s) onto the ISM module, you need to reload it in order to activate the new license(s).

Thanks

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

IOS licenses can be pre-installed.

I have never seen CUE-ISM licenses pre-installed.

When you use the CUE-ISM for simple IVR, you have 2 permanent ports, if this is enough, you don't need to buy/install more licenses.

JH

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

What are you using the CUE-ISM for?

VoiceMail, or IVR or both?

Default the module comes with 2 IVR ports if I am correct, but with 0 mailboxes (I think)

Anyway, when we install a CUE module we also install the licenses (mailboxes, IVR ports)

You must buy the licenses

JH

i am using it only for IVR, 

we have bought licenses with the router  i just need to confirm from evaluation to permanent do we need a .lic file from cisco or it is pre installed in it?

if u have bought the licenses along with router and CUE module, then, it would have come pre-installed.

regds,

aman

can u share the output of command 

show license status application ivr from CUE

regds,

aman

hello all

i dont know how to activate permanet licenses ,

i already reload it but still its in evaluation period

and attached is the output of show license application ivr 

Hi,

can u refer the link for installing licenses

Using CLI Commands to Install Licenses

After you obtain a license file from Cisco's licensing portal and copy it to a FTP or TFTP server, use the following CLI commands to install the license. Only the use of FTP is shown below.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. license install ftp://username:password@ip_address/path/license_file

2. reload

3. enable

4. show license all

5. show license in-use

6. show license status application

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicensing_book/Using_CSL.html#wp1086525

regds,

aman

but i dont have any license file t get copy from tftp to CUE

refer the steps for obtaining license file

Using the Licensing Portal to Obtain Licenses for Additional Features or Applications

Note You must have a Cisco.com password to access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these steps to obtain additional licenses for Cisco Unity Express 7.1or later features:

Step 1 Go to www.cisco.com/go/ordering and choose one of the ordering processes (via partner, Cisco direct, etc.) to order licenses. The SKU is used in the ordering process to specify the desired licenses for the Cisco Unity Express features that you want. When you purchase a license, you will receive a product activation key (PAK), which is an alphanumeric string that represents the purchase.

Step 2 To get your license file, return to the Cisco Product License Registration Portal at www.cisco.com/go/license and enter the appropriate information.

You must enter the PAK and the unique device identifier (UDI) of the device where the license will be installed. The UDI is printed on a label located on the back of most Cisco hardware devices or on a label tray visible on the front panel of field-replaceable motherboards. The UDI can also be viewed via software using the show license udi command in privileged Exec mode. The UDI has two main components: the product ID (PID) and the serial number (SN).

Step 3 Download the license file or receive the license file by e-mail.

Step 4 Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device you want to obtain a license.

Step 5 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or TFTP server.

Thanks for usefull post, So we need PAK to get the license file from cisco, unfortunately i did not get any PAK from distributor, now i should ask him about thePAK, am i rite ?

Yes

Hello 

yes , you have to ask about the PAK. Please read my post on the top.

Thanks 

Hi

+5 for Aman , kindly check with cisco license team . You can drop an email as i discussed above.Cisco licenses will assign an engineer and he will drop the required liceses for you , even you are unable to install the liceses , he can forward your issue for Cisco TAC engineer.

Thanks

Hi

it should be preinstalled , can you do reload for your CUE module and check ?. If you still have the problem , please contact Cisco licenses as i mentioned above.

Thanks

please rate all useful infromation

IOS licenses can be pre-installed.

I have never seen CUE-ISM licenses pre-installed.

When you use the CUE-ISM for simple IVR, you have 2 permanent ports, if this is enough, you don't need to buy/install more licenses.

JH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: