cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCL & CUWL license features

Mike Buyarski
Level 3
Level 3

person A has a 8961 phone and for that phone we purchased a CUWL standard License for it.

Person B has a 7821 phone and we purchased a UCL Basic License and unity connection license for it. 

in jabber Person A can:

IM&P

Share desktop

Desk phone control

softphone option

can see voicemail

In jabber Person B can:

IM&P

Share desktop

Can see voicemail

no deskphone control

no softphone

My Question should Person B be able to share the desktop on the Basic License? that does not seem like a feature they should have.

we are running a BE6K with version 10.5, in licensing manager the phone is under the basic(10.x) license.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I take it you have Jabber for Windows, and Jabber version is 10.5 as well?

If so as of version 10.5  BFCP is no longer required for desktop sharing which required an active call between the endpoints, so technically having IMP only will allow you to do desktop sharing, for which you do not need Enhanced/Enhanced Plus/CUWL license.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I take it you have Jabber for Windows, and Jabber version is 10.5 as well?

If so as of version 10.5  BFCP is no longer required for desktop sharing which required an active call between the endpoints, so technically having IMP only will allow you to do desktop sharing, for which you do not need Enhanced/Enhanced Plus/CUWL license.

Chris

yes jabber 10.5 for windows. So from what you are saying we do get that feature with jabber 10.5 without needing the enhanced license.

Correct.

thanks