Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCM 5.1 Upgrade Patch File Not Recognized

We are attempting to upgrade our UCM 5.0.4 to 5.1. We have downloaded the upgrade files and have attempted the upgrade process per the Release Notes, but the UCM 5.0.4 doesn't recognize the 5.1 patch file (either on the harddrive in an update folder or on DVD). Are we missing an obvious point or are there known update problems.

6 REPLIES

Re: UCM 5.1 Upgrade Patch File Not Recognized

Wyatt,

One thing i noticed is that the image file is signed and has an extension sgn. When i downloaded the file to my hdd, the sgn extension went off. So when i tried to ugprade via the web using ftp method, it gave me errors until i added the sgn extension to the upgrade file.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

thisisshaky,

Thanks for your feedback. A quick reiew of comments under Google for this upgrade indicates that a number of people are having issues. At least I don't feel alone. We have tried to update directly from 5.0.4 to 5.1.1(a) by putting the update patch file on the hard drive and from a DVD, both with the signed extension. In both cases the update GUI fails to see the update file. If we need to first update from 5.0.4 to 5.1.1 then to 5.1.1(a) to get this to work smoothly, then I am up for this. Again thanks for your feedback.

Wyatt

Wyatt,

You dont need that two step upgrade. I just did this upgrade yesterday successfully from 5.04a to 5.1.1a using the downloadable image on CCO. The method i used was via FTP. You may want to give that method a shot.

Sankar.

this...

Thanks for indicating that you upgraded from 5.0.4 to 5.1.1(a). I downloaded the file from the ftp server again last night and was given the same file name, only this time it has .gz.gz as the final extensions. As with the .gz.sgn, we didn't have any success upgrading our 5.0.4 server. We may attempt to rename the final extension from .gz to .sgn again as we are running out of options.

Did you ftp the file directly to the MCS server or to another Windows system prior to moving/installing the upgrade patch on the MCS?

Wyatt

this....,

As an addendum, I asked our admin to confirm the version of UCM 5.0.4 we were running. We have 5.0.4-1000-1. Unfortunately it was INACTIVE. We were running 5.0.2. After making the hasty switch to 5.0.4, the upgrade files now can be found and we are progressing. Thanks for the moral support.

Thank you. That worked by adding the sgn extension to the upgrade file.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content