Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 6.1.3 restore fails

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Customer wants to check that data can be backed up on a spare server in case they need to replace production Publisher in the future. The production UCM cluster is running 6.1.3 (Publisher and single Subsriber). Problem is that I wasn't able to restore data from a backup. These are the steps performed:

Installed 6.1.2 from DVD

Installed 6.1.3 patch (this patch provided 1 demo node license).

Start Services on UCM.

Run Restore from a backup taken from the production ucm few days ago.

When I run restore after a few minutes I get an error message 'No features found in backup'.

I can verify through UCM administation pages that the backup was unsuccessful.

Has anybody come across this before or know why I am geeting this error message?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

I think what Michael is referring to is this line from your first post;

"I can verify through UCM administation pages that the backup was unsuccessful".

Where I think you meant to put in "Restore" rather than "Backup" :)

So it seems that the problem here is likely with the Backup rather than the Restore. Have a look at the "Features" that you asked the DRS to Backup and maybe try running a new Manual Backup with the following (as needed)

Supported Features and Components

Disaster Recovery System can back up and restore the **features and components that are shown in table Table 3. For each feature that you choose, the system backs up all of its components automatically.

Table 3 Supported Features and Components

Feature Components

CCM (CCM/CAR/CDR Repository Manager)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager database (CCMDB) includes Cisco Unified Communications Manager/CDR Analysis and Reporting/Call Detail Records)

Platform

(MOH) Music On Hold Audio Files

BAT Bulk Provisioing Service(BPS)

CCMPREFS Preference files

TFTP (TFTP Phone device files)

SYSLOGAGT SNMP (SNMP syslog component)

CDPAGT SNMP (SNMP cdp subagent)

TCT(trace collection tool)

CLM cluster Manager

You may be seeing this

Error

CiscoDRFNoRegisteredFeature

No feature got selected for backup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/6_1_2/DRS_CUCM/drsag612.html#wp255591

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You said "I can verify through UCM administation pages that the backup was unsuccessful".

If backup was unsuccessful, how could you expect restore to work?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks for your response. However I'm not sure what you mean...

I would expect that a successful restore will configure the spare server with the same configuration as the production Publisher.

As I explained the message I got a few minutes after I attempted a restore was 'could not find features'.

I checked the admin pages to see if any of the configuration on the spare server matched the production Publisher.

Is this something you can help me with?

Hi ,

I think what Michael is referring to is this line from your first post;

"I can verify through UCM administation pages that the backup was unsuccessful".

Where I think you meant to put in "Restore" rather than "Backup" :)

So it seems that the problem here is likely with the Backup rather than the Restore. Have a look at the "Features" that you asked the DRS to Backup and maybe try running a new Manual Backup with the following (as needed)

Supported Features and Components

Disaster Recovery System can back up and restore the **features and components that are shown in table Table 3. For each feature that you choose, the system backs up all of its components automatically.

Table 3 Supported Features and Components

Feature Components

CCM (CCM/CAR/CDR Repository Manager)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager database (CCMDB) includes Cisco Unified Communications Manager/CDR Analysis and Reporting/Call Detail Records)

Platform

(MOH) Music On Hold Audio Files

BAT Bulk Provisioing Service(BPS)

CCMPREFS Preference files

TFTP (TFTP Phone device files)

SYSLOGAGT SNMP (SNMP syslog component)

CDPAGT SNMP (SNMP cdp subagent)

TCT(trace collection tool)

CLM cluster Manager

You may be seeing this

Error

CiscoDRFNoRegisteredFeature

No feature got selected for backup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/6_1_2/DRS_CUCM/drsag612.html#wp255591

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I meant "Restore" rather than "Backup". Thanks for spotting that and for your response. I'll check the backup settings next week.

G

Hi Rob,

I checked to make sure that features had been selected on the backup configuration. The 'CCM Features selected' checkbox was selected so the problem was not with the backup.

I had a look through the link you sent me and realised that the problem was down to the fact that I had not manually entered the subscriber node in the server list...

Once I entered the subscriber details the restore was successfull........ (yes I know I should have read the instructions!)

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: