Replies

UCM 6.1 directories query

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Customer migrating to UC.

Head Office has UCM 6.1 cluster.

Rest of the sites have PBX (more than 100 users spread over 5 sites). Calls between sites routed over PSTN (user dials 9 for outside line)

I've configured LDAP synch with customers LDAP directory. When a IP phone user from HQ looks up DN for a user on a PBX site, the IP user has to edit the number to prefix the 9.

Ideally customer would like UCM to prefix the 9.

I'm thinking of using Translation Pattern to provide a solution for this.

Is this the best approach?

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, thats the best approach, it will remain transparent to user

You may also want to explore E.164 and calling party normalization that was introduced in UCM 7.

Thanks.

The LDAP directory enterries for the remote site (which are pbx sites) start with a 0. Users at the ucm site dial 0 for reception and prefix 9 to reach users at pbx sites.

Hence when I applied the translation pattern and then tested it the call went to reception.

eg directory entry 01283 911234 I create following Translation Pattern

tp 01283 91xxxx

prefix 9

when I select to dial 01283 911234 from ip phone, the call goes to reception.

Do you know how to get round this?

Thanks for this. Customer have got plans to ugrade but this is planned for long term.

I'm thinking that as an interim solution, they could configure LDAP telephone entries with full E164 numbers, which will eanble a translation pattern to be created that does not clash with 0 (which they use to dial reception).

What do you think?

Hi,

Will 'Dial Rules' solve this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: