cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 6.12 with UC 1.21 Day Night

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Call Manager 6.12 server and Unity Connection 1.21 server. I want a day and night mode that is automated but with an option to manually change to night mode in the case of bad weather etc. I originally just had an automated day/night mode setup with a CTI Route point that forwarded to voice mail. Forwarding routing rules send the caller to a Call Handler which transfers to a hunt group during the day based on a time schedule and another call handler with the extension number that just plays a greeting at night. I added an extension to a phone that the user could manually forward to different CTI route points during the day and night. I find that it alwas retains the original number on the phone instead of the number of the CTI route point when the call is forwarded to Unity Connection so it is not routed correctly with the forwarded routing rule. Anyone else have a similiar situation or suggestion?

2 Replies 2

ryhicks
Level 1
Level 1

You can create a vm profile of the CTI route point. Then assign the vm profile to the cti route point DN. Then once the cti route point forwards the call to VM, the forwarding number is changed to your vm-profile ensuring the correct forwarding (RDNIS) is presented to Unity.

FW to a translation rule, then modify the calling number and under called number dial the VM pilot, then catch that calling number in CUC with a direct call rule

the other option is to create a copy of the hunt pilot you use for VM and change the calling number there, then again use a rule to catch it on CUC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: