cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.1 Remotely changing forwarding via DTMF

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to change the forwarding of a number when not on a phone attached to the Cisco UCM cluster? 

For example let's say currently DID 650-555-1234 which goes to UCM forwards to my cell phone at 650-444-5678, 

Now my shift is over and I want 650-555-1234 to forward to my friend Bob at 650-333-9012.  Is there a way I

can do this without logging into the UCM with the web browser?  That is could I dial a number and enter some

codes to change the forwarding?  How would you set this up?  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not provide anything like that in CUCM, if possible at all, it would mean you would need to write down a customized IVR script which not only gathers the info you send via DTMFs, but also is capable of doing a lookup request based on the DN you would need to type down you want to change and then using XML/SOAP or some other method the write request to CUCM's DB to change this in the numplan table.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not provide anything like that in CUCM, if possible at all, it would mean you would need to write down a customized IVR script which not only gathers the info you send via DTMFs, but also is capable of doing a lookup request based on the DN you would need to type down you want to change and then using XML/SOAP or some other method the write request to CUCM's DB to change this in the numplan table.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: