Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCM 8.6(2) and MCU5310 Rendezvous Conference

I have UCM 8.6(2) and MCU5310 v4.4(3.42) and I am trying to create a rendezvous conference bridge.  so far the following is done

1) SIP trunk is established from UCM to MCU, UCM trunk uses <MCU IP Addr, 5060>

2) Route List and Route Group are created

3) Route Pattern is created with associated device Route List (MCU5310)

My UCM registered EX60 cannot dial the designated Route Pattern for the conference bridge.  Busy tone is recieved from call attempt.

There appears to be no PT or CSS issues...but will revisit..

Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES

Is the route pattern configured as a valid rendezvous conference room on the MCU? Is that conference registered?

Please rate useful posts.

George,

In the MCU5310, Conferences, Conference List -> I have created my RP extension.  Now, this RP ext uses SIP registrar which I use the UCM IP Address.  However...under Settings, SIP -> the 'SIP registrar usage' is Enabled...but Unregistered.

Is this the issue?

That is normal, you are not registering the MCU to UCM. If you register MCU to UCM, you wont be able to rendezvous conferencing, only ad-hoc conferencing afaik.

The RP extension on the MCU should not be the same as the route pattern you created in CUCM.

George,

for clarification...if the Route Pattern in UCM is 141X and the Numeric ID on the conference should not be 1414 (for example).  If not...assign as?

That is correct, it should be in the 141X range.

George...have all that set up...still getting disconnect when call is attempted into the bridge number....

I think I am out ideas short of looking at logs, maybe someone else will have a better idea.

You could also try registering the MCU as a conference bridge instead of building a SIP trunk. And make sure that this MCU gets assigned to a MRG and MRGL and this MRGL is assigned to the EX60. If you are running 6.1 on the EX60, there should be a Meet Me button available to start the Rendezvous conference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/install_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_Deployment_guide_1-31.pdf

George,

Will try Ad-hoc route as well...appreciate the comments.

D

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content